Your ideas for fun LAN game setup options

taconaut

Chieftain
Hello Civ fans,

Some of my friends and I have gotten together for civ lans since civ 4, and while we do always have a pretty good time, the games rarely get too far because we take out all the AI fairly quickly. Also, it seems like they don't allow you to add enough AI to fill up the map fully in multiplier; we have to turn off all the city states because the turns take way too long with city states in, we have found. We don't tend to do much pvp but now that there are sequential turn options we may consider that.

What I'm looking to hear is what some of your game setup ideas. What options do you select that tend to make for better games? I really appreciate any ideas you have. It seems like most of the crashes and other issues have been resolved so we are kinda itching to play more.

Thanks!

You could raise the sea level to artificially make the map smaller. You can also try a terra map.

Thanks you! I will totally try the sea level thing. Unfortunately terra is not selectable in multiplayer. It was our favorite map type for civ 4.

Top Bottom