"your Stealth Bomber was destroyed by an enemy Pikeman"

According to Civ V, pikemen are as tall as mountains. That being the case, I see no reason why they can’t take out a stealth bomber if they can poke it quick enough. :crazyeye:

Have you never played a flight sim?

You just try to aim preciselly at the pikeman with your cannons, but it's difficult cause he is so small... you open fire.... ratatatatta... but somehow you keep missing him... and while fine-tuning the crosshairs on his helmet, you fail to notice the ground is approaching fast, neither you check your altitude and BAM - you crash into the ground.

... The pikeman could even taunt you to make this happen!

This is so incorrect in regards to a B-2 that I couldn't see the humor.

... The pikeman could even taunt you to make this happen!

Spoiler :
kniggits5hw.jpg

I don't agree with the comparison. A queen isn't worth 100 pawns. A queen is worth roughly 9 pawns and it's not a stretch to say a pawn can take down a queen since they both have access to each other. Whereas a stealth bomber operates miles above the earth and there's no possible way a pike can be thrown that far even if the guy could see it.

I don't think it's a huge deal but there should be some sort of rule that after so many technological advances a unit is unable to counterattack another unit. Or at least unable to counterattack flying units unless you have researched rifling.

Chillax, it was a joke :)

Though what I did mean was that both chess and Civ are just games. They dont need to be realistic at all to be enjoyable.

For the record, chess does not pretend to be realistic.

Have you ever seen a stone tower moving across the landscape?

For the record, chess does not pretend to be realistic.

Have you ever seen a stone tower moving across the landscape?

For some reason this just made me think of a army of nothing but bishops going to war, too funny. :lol:

easy: pilot error/malfunction/freak weather causes crash into moutain while on the mission to blow up pike man

Random events and disasters aren't included in Civ5. Wild turns of imagination seem out of place with the rest of the game's pretty deterministic style.

Random events and disasters aren't included in Civ5. Wild turns of imagination seem out of place with the rest of the game's pretty deterministic style.

Combat is random...

During the Soviet invasion of Afganistan in the 1980's, the Soviet air force, particularly the helicopter's, ran amok over the Afgani troops, who had no way of fighting back. Then the US started to covertly send the Afgani rebels, Stinger missiles and other hand held AA. Suddenly the Soviets started to lose helicopters to those "Pikemen". It is not a "Pike" that brought damage to that stealth bomber, it is those few temporary Stingers sent in by another foreign power. They remain a "pikeman" but used those advanced weapons that one time to damage the bombers.

If you would read the description of the video you posted, you would learn that the first was hit with a shoulder-fired SAM and the second by AAA fire.

Neither of which are AK47s.

I know, but we didn't know it back then. People needed miracles and this was one of those moments. Don't spoil it now :p

During the Soviet invasion of Afganistan in the 1980's, the Soviet air force, particularly the helicopter's, ran amok over the Afgani troops, who had no way of fighting back. Then the US started to covertly send the Afgani rebels, Stinger missiles and other hand held AA. Suddenly the Soviets started to lose helicopters to those "Pikemen". It is not a "Pike" that brought damage to that stealth bomber, it is those few temporary Stingers sent in by another foreign power. They remain a "pikeman" but used those advanced weapons that one time to damage the bombers.

What about when all the air powers are friends?

Well if the pikeman was none other than Chuck Norris, a stealth bomber would be no match at all!!

This would be more plausible in Civ4, where Espionage was a game mechanic. However, Civ5 has no comparable level of gameplay. In Civ5, a pikeman is a pikeman, and there is no way to view it as anything else without attributing it to features that do not exist.

Top Bottom