1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Top Requested Change

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by dexters, Feb 22, 2012.

?

Your requested additions to Gods and Kings

1. Include InfoAddict style features

73 vote(s)
    38.8%
  2. Fix Multiplayer Animations

8 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Improve Multiplayer AI

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. Include SDI / Weaken Nukes

36 vote(s)
    19.1%
  5. Buff Nuclear Weapons

11 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Improve Puppet city options

68 vote(s)
    36.2%
  7. Redesign Research Agreement Effects

70 vote(s)
    37.2%
  8. Include 'Vassal State' option in diplomacy

68 vote(s)
    36.2%
  9. Weaken Artillery

14 vote(s)
    7.4%
  10. Other

57 vote(s)
    30.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mivo

Mivo Warlord

"Other."

I'm surprised you left out AI improvements (not just in MP), especially of the combat and diplomacy AI. It's by far the most hoped-for change for me, bar none.

2. Zalcron

Zalcron Prince

i agree there must be a way to intercept bombers carrying nukes as they always get through, despite having a massive airforce.

I would also like to see the re-introduction of annual income, something not seen since civ 2. I liked this simple feature so you could measure your peoples standard of living. GNP means little as to use a real world example. China has a huge one but its people by the large of worse off than most folks in the west.

3. godotnut

godotnut Inverted Unicycle

Improved AI in diplo and unit movement.

4. vonbach

vonbach Prince

Other. Change the AI so its actually halfway of a threat. Especially in naval combat.

5. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

I included both Buff and Weaken Nukes...

Nukes should be a strategic weapon rather than a tactical one... ie no damage to units other than the one targeted.
    However, significant damage to the city (ie ICBM=city goes to 1 pop with no non-wonder buildings, Atomic bomb just kills 2/3... and all fallout tiles give 1 :( to the civ they are in)

Bigger improvements would be AI

6. Durgat

Durgat Chieftain

They need to wholesale copy the multiplayer from CIV4. Lobby, options, drop-in gaming, and get rid of the region lock. They also need to add an era limiter, and modding in multiplayer.

7. ad_hoc

ad_hoc Chieftain

The AI needs to be improved. It is okay that it is not as tactical as a human, but it should not give its resources away. It should not be giving away gold for resources, open borders and such.

Research Agreements should be adjusted.

It would be nice to set a nuke on counter-attack just like the intercept option for fighters. If the city gets nuked and the origin city is in range it automatically deploys against that city. The current problem is that the nuke gets destroyed when the city is nuked. This would be a simple way of allowing a retaliation.

8. Janig

Janig Prince

AI combat improvement

Thats within your control. I have more fun not selling abusive agreements. If an AI asks for open borders then I may sell them. If an AI demands a lux resource then I will sell it. But otherwise I dont abuse the trading system and I find fairer games. However the combat AI is always lame.

9. ad_hoc

ad_hoc Chieftain

I suppose I have a problem with it b/c I like to play 2-3 person multiplayer games with some AI. It's weird to try to get everyone to agree to specific house rules about not abusing the AI. It would be nice to just have it as part of the game.

10. OrsonM

OrsonM Our man

Changing that logo, of course!

I can't sleep because of it!, I wake up in the middle of the night, go for a wee and then get back to sleep (which I'm sure it's totally unrelated, the logo is keeping me up).

Firaxis if you let your logo be ugly, what else are you letting be ugly in the game?. It's just bad parenting there!

11. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Moderator Action: Moved to Ideas & Suggestions. :)

12. arkguy

arkguy Warlord

Elimination of the one resource one unit rule or have it as an option rather than a requirement in the main frame game. Allow resources and improvements on mountain terrain. Better defenses against nukes.

13. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I actually disagree with elimination of one resource one unit rule, it's more realistic (to some extent). I mean, how is it 'real' that you could build 100 tanks with one source of oil anyways?