Zachriel's new culture page

Great tips. I know I have felt fear before when seeing the enemy charge up with an Army. Using the strat you provided I will have less fear. (I just wish the siege equipment would hit more often, I often only get 1 maybe 2 hits out of 8 when attacking a city, making them worthless when the coyt has barracks).

Originally posted by PaleHorse76
Great tips. I know I have felt fear before when seeing the enemy charge up with an Army. Using the strat you provided I will have less fear. (I just wish the siege equipment would hit more often, I often only get 1 maybe 2 hits out of 8 when attacking a city, making them worthless when the coyt has barracks).

Siege weapons sometimes have to be used turn after turn. Keep hitting until you destroy the barracks, then keep bombarding until you weaken the defenders. Catapults can take a very long time; cannon not so long. If I can't just "walk in" on the enemy, then I'll build 10-20 cannon and place them, with support, just outside the city. Patience and planning are the key to siege warfare.

Did you state Standard size map with 16 Civs? I thought you had to put the map on the biggest size to play with that many civs.

Originally posted by PaleHorse76
Did you state Standard size map with 16 Civs? I thought you had to put the map on the biggest size to play with that many civs.

You can change it in the editor. (Be sure to backup the original file, though). It's the only change I usually make in the editor as I like to play the game straight up.

The crowded map helped exaggerate the cultural aspects of the game.

Originally posted by Zachriel
You can change it in the editor. (Be sure to backup the original file, though). It's the only change I usually make in the editor as I like to play the game straight up.

The crowded map helped exaggerate the cultural aspects of the game.
Great, thanks for the tip. I wanted to play a smaller size map with lots of AI. Gonna try a small size map with 16 ;)

I guess the next question would be where in the editor, or if you could point me in the direction of a thread or website that has that info I would appreciate it.

Edit: Found it :) make that a tiny map with 16 Civs! :crazyeyes

Top Bottom