Bonaparte II Tournament Home Page

I'm going to ask that we reduce the amount of games we're playing in this tournament as discussed earlier. I cannot keep up with this many anymore.
If we do reduce them I will try to keep up with the ones remaining, but I cannot do that with all 8 games, if you want to continue with all of them It'd be better if I quit as I'll probably not be able to keep up. :(

I reckon we should just continue to play the games that are fun, and let the AI fill in any blanks. I will keep playing in Games #2, #4, #5, #6 quite happily.

Though as I said earlier, I will keep playing in ANY game if there is the interest in it. At the current rate of play (about 1 turn per month) I think I can find the time!

OK, you just play in those Henrik. Whoever is after Henrik in games 1,3,7 and 8 just play through, please.

Of course, anyone who has a different selevtion of games they want to keep going should not be worried. I will continue to play in those games too, and I expect others will, too.

Actually it's not my turn in either game 2,5 or 6. I'm up as umpire in game 4 though.

Seems I'm not the only one lagging behind with the turns...

And I have a new personal rule, any PBEM not played for a month Im going to drop out of.

If I made a mistake about you in 5 or 6 Henrik, my apologizes, but I cant do a bump today, too much stuff to do :(

No worries, Steve, when ever you have time. I think your personal rule is a good one. I have just checked all the threads - I am up in none of them, and I will start junking games I haven't played in for over a month....

Originally posted by Patient English
...which is all of them, now. Sorry, but I also hereby retire from this tournament. :(

Ditto

I have been thinking of posting that same sentiment this week John, and your post more or less nudged me into it.

Its a sahme really, I hate to think how much time I have spent on this tourney and the farthest I got was about 1/3 of the way.

My most vivid memories.

That sneaky Henrik taking my capitol right after I played my first game in the Tourney as the Pesky Despots in Boney 2.

Followed closely by my single handedly holding off the French Invasion of Britian in number 7.

The first one was 18 months ago. :sigh:

And the thing that pisses me off the most, not getting to see John in the Tower of London in Boney 2. ;)

I know. It must be a real pisser! :D Ah well, we had to try.

I think this experience is a good reason not to do a Colonies tournament either. However, I am always prepared to do an online game, where we can get through 50 moves in an afternoon....

Also Steve, do you want me to keep you in mind when the next Bonaparte II game starts at CDG?

Originally posted by Patient English
I think this experience is a good reason not to do a Colonies tournament either. However, I am always prepared to do an online game, where we can get through 50 moves in an afternoon....

Also Steve, do you want me to keep you in mind when the next Bonaparte II game starts at CDG?

Yes to a CDG game.

You know me with online, I just cant do it unfortunately :(

And I concur on a Tourney, its a real shame that we cant find five dedicated people who want to play in it.

It does not bode well for the future of the CIV 2 community........

No, it doesn't. But Civ II has been going since around 1996, that's pretty good for a computer game. And I haven't finished designing for it, because Civ III is so bad for customisation...Apart from being a bit of a strange game, in my opinion (although I think it has improved a lot since it was first released...)

Yeah, but I don't really play Civ2 anymore and PBEM games were just too slow.

The most interesting thing about this tourney was we had some sort of complicated spreadsheet to keep some kind of score but I never worried about it.

Being Machiavellian (sp?) and seeing what kind of deal you could make, then executing, was the most fun for me.

We haven't played a turn in close to four years and I still miss this Tourney.

Just me and you now.. This was an awwesome tourney, to bad we never got that far in most games, really a shame. No one PBEMS anymore it seems, I tried once or twice to find some games, but they all died very quickly its been a long time since I last played, and how I'd love to again...

Top Bottom