Bonaparte II Tournament Home Page

Originally posted by Patient English
Yes, I can't face trying to find ANOTHER replacement, given that no-one is beatiung the door down trying to get in.

Let's play the PBEMs that are left as stand alone games, and where there is a missing person, let the AI play, whichever nation that happens to be.

John since we are missing only one person would it not be better to have the appropriate umpire play for SAS?

Ill do the AI if you really want to but it will surely lessen the enjoyment of the games for me.

And it means we all play in one more game, and play a CIV twice.

If we are all committed to keeping these games alive then that shouldn't be too much to ask.

Well, it was the extra commitment that worried me, as people find the seven games hard enough. We can do umpires, but the tournament scoring is still screwed, as even if the umpires' scores are disregarded, their actions will affect the games they are in, possibly unfairly.

Also, I must admit, I didn't want to take over in Game #1, where I am umpire, and have to pick up on someone else's position, diplomacy etc. However, I will if that is the majority view.

Well, it was the extra commitment that worried me, as people find the seven games hard enough. We can do umpires, but the tournament scoring is still screwed, as even if the umpires' scores are disregarded, their actions will affect the games they are in, possibly unfairly.

Also, I must admit, I didn't want to take over in Game #1, where I am umpire, and have to pick up on someone else's position, diplomacy etc. However, I will if that is the majority view.

John its not so much trying to salvage the Tourney Im after, I have never played towards winning the Tourney anyway. Ive always played to win via some sort of coalition. That involves of course Humans and is what makes this UnTourney Tourney fun for me.

Really at this point I dont care if I "win" game 2. All I care about is making sure you wind up in London Tower ;)

With that being said how much fun do you think I will have if I play against an AI Austria? Thats my point.

But again I agree I will go with the majority opinion here, so what is it AI or Umpire to play everyone?

I'm for having the umpires play for sas in each game. That shouldn't cause any problems; it'd just be the 7-person tourney that IIRC was considered a possibility when this began.

Btw, in games where sas' civ is either minor (or major but mostly conquered), perhaps an ally whose turn is immediately before or after it could play instead of the umpire, just to speed things up.

Haven't been able to get online for more than a week, could someone please post where it's my turn? (the post by figu above makes me think it might not be in all games after all :o)

I'm very sorry for the delays I've caused. From what I've read of the discussion above I'm for ditching a game or two. If all the games continue I'll have to consider resigning as well as I doubt I'll be able to keep up the pace and my slot would be better left for someone who can. (problem seems to be to find such a person though :()

Originally posted by voltar
This is a grave disappointment to me. I have put in alot of hard work and I think that I have done a fairly good job just about always do my turn on time. Keeping up in this tourney is NOT hard. It hardly takes up any time.

Voltar, keeping up with the torney certainly is hard if you have loads of other stuff to do with your limited spare time. A turn with france for instance will easily take 30-50 minutes to play atleast for me. Take into account that you probably have a few pbem turns (I'm in more pbems than just the boney tournament though I've been quiting some to make it easier to keep up with this one) to play each time (while I do use the computer every day most of the time (with the exception of last week) and I'm constantly online I don't play my turns every day as I've got loads of stuff to write for school, or tests to study for, etc).

Well, I can sign up to the umpire thing, as long as we are agreed. Bump King, assuming umpires rather than SAS in all the games, who is up in each game?

Ah you are making this tricky on me John just to see if I actually deserve the title I see?:groucho: :groucho: :groucho:

Well it will be bumped by 1800 GMT on monday.

Hopefully this evening USA time if I get a chance. :)

GLOBAL BUMP!!!!!!!!!

1: darius-5days
2: Steve-16days
(I recommend Voltar play on as Austrians in this one)
3: Darius (as ump)-3days
4: Henrik (as Ump)-3days
5: Henrik-23 days
6. Henrik_23days
7: Steve-3days
8: Voltar (as ump) 4 days and needs a password or a crack.

No smiley face this week, these are dark days for the Tourney, heck I cant even give myself one because of #2.

Darn!!!!!!!!!! :)

Couldn't we just ask SAS about his passwords rather than remove all passwords from the file?

Played in the two games where I was up.

Games 2 & 7 played, and a PM notification sent to Henrik

Top Bottom