Civ 5 Design Challenge II - Mechanics

This mechanic in particular makes me think on very early agrarian cultures, Marajo maybe...

Yeah well, I thought of something else:

Norte Chico Civilization
UA: To the Coast and Backwards
+1 :c5food: food and :c5production: production from farm tiles adjacent to the sea. Building fishing boats provides :c5food: food boost in inland cities, building plantations provides a :c5production: production boost in coastal cities.

UB: Net Maker
Replaces lighthouse. Unlocked earlier, at Calendar. Instead of the lighthouse's effects, the Net maker grants +1 :c5production: production from fishing boats and plantations, +1 :c5food: food from sea resources, and +1 :c5gold: gold from fish and cotton. Grants a Free fishing boat upon construction.

UI: Pyramid complex
May only be built on flat desert tiles, unlocked at masonry, and takes 6 turns to build. Grants +1 :c5culture: culture, and additional +1 :c5culture: culture per each adjacent plantation. +1 :c5culture: culture after archeology.

Yeah... Design either needs balancing or is too weak, guess I should take Urdnot for the UA name idea, and Tomatekh for introducing me to this civ.

Roman Africa

UA: Granary of the Empire
+1 :c5food: Food and :c5production: production from farms adjacent to a coastal tile. Naval :trade: trade routes to other major civilizations provide +1 :c5food: food +2 :c5strength: city defense strength for the receiver and +3 :c5gold: gold for the sender.

UU:Chariot caravan(replaces caravan)
Once in its existence while in :c5citystate: city-state territory may trade exotic goods providing +10XP to all auxilia or former auxilia in the world and :c5gold: gold, :trade: trade routes made with a chariot caravan provide +1 :c5gold: gold for the receiver and the sender for each naval :trade: trade route to or from the home city.

UU:Auxilia(replaces Landsknecht)
Is available earlier tech than the Landsknecht it replaces at drama and poetry and when gifted to another major civilization it changes into a unique unit of the appropriate era that re-spawns under your control when it dies, with the same amount of XP as it had when it died.

Filiki, hand axeman(I believe its called hand axe) is a barbarian unique unit that's replaces the chriot archer.
Also, appropriate era of which civ? Yours or the one you gifted the unit to?
And don't you find the trade missions OP? Or is the unit consumed after performing them?

Your right about the hand-axe I'll change that.
It isn't a trade mission it's a version of the Nau's trade exotic goods ability but it gives XP to all Auxilia or former Auxilia instead of the unit using the ability since caravans cant gain XP.

Well, Scott hasn't given me a mechanic yet, so I'm making my own!

The Mechanic is: Farms adjacent to Sea Tiles provide +1 Food and +1 Production.

Now go! The competition ends the 26th of June!

I assume I can tweak the UA a little bit.

Jamaica

UA: Out of Many, One People - Farms adjacent to Naval Tiles provide +1 Food and +1 Production. Plantations adjacent to Naval Tiles provide +1 Culture and +1 Gold.

UU: Reggae - Replaces Great Musician. When it creates a Great Work, it will generate +1 local happiness for every coastal resource being worked by the city.

UB: Rum Distillery - Replace Market. Besides doing what it regularly does, generates +1 Gold for every farm and plantation within workable distance.

UU is OP: imagine having two great works in an island city. That would be about 10 happiness per each GW.

Mind you, this may be used anywhere, not just UAs, so rack in the creativity, fellas!

Yeah, bit of a hectic day. Barely had time to set up a proper post.

Anyway:

Up to the 2nd of June, you may vote for:
Natan and the Norte Chico Culture;
Filiki Eterian and the Roman Africa;
Or MartinLuther and Jamaica.

I reccomend that the three competitors try to find a good mechanic to be part of the Civ - this one was used as an UA for pretty much everyone, but it could be used as an UU, UI or even UB. It all really depends on your originality and ability to adapt to a mechanic given.

I vote for... MartinLuther.
(Though Filiki's design is decent as well)

Top Bottom