Civilization VI: How to reveal map?

Step 1: Press F5 to quicksave.
Step 2: Run warrior and settler around.
Step 3A: Area sucks, start new game.
Step 3B: Area good, press F6.
Step 1: Go to Config.ini (in My Games, and then Civilization VI's folder) and change 'DebugPanel = 0' to 'DebugPanel = 1'
Step 2: Start a game and open the console with ~
Step 3: Type 'Reveal All'

Step 1: Go to Config.ini (in My Games, and then Civilization VI's folder) and change 'DebugPanel = 0' to 'DebugPanel = 1'
Step 2: Start a game and open the console with ~
Step 3: Type 'Reveal All'

It depends how big an area you want to look at. Doing the reveal all requires you to then click through all of the natural wonder notifications. If you're stupid enough to move, you'll then be forced to meet every civ in the game, which takes ages because someone was infuriatingly obsessed with an unskippable fade-in and fade-out for everything to do with the diplo screen, so you can't angrily Escape button your way through it all as easily.

Sometimes, you just need to move the settler and warrior around a little bit to see if something that'll make or break this start location is behind those hills there.

It depends how big an area you want to look at. Doing the reveal all requires you to then click through all of the natural wonder notifications. If you're stupid enough to move, you'll then be forced to meet every civ in the game, which takes ages because someone was infuriatingly obsessed with an unskippable fade-in and fade-out for everything to do with the diplo screen, so you can't angrily Escape button your way through it all as easily.

Sometimes, you just need to move the settler and warrior around a little bit to see if something that'll make or break this start location is behind those hills there.
Aye. I was thinking of reloading afterwards. And you are very much right about those diplomacy screens.

If you use the command "explore map" instead 1) You will see the layout of resources and where all the huts are; 2) the fog of war will remain and you can play as normal, but you will see where the capitals and city states are located; 3) You get an envoy for meeting all city states first, and ill have met all nations and discovered all continents.

I used reveal all for testing stuff. It saves a lot of exploration. I have never used in a real game but may do. It s not cheating because you do not need it to win

To me that's the pure essence of cheating and it also cuts the pleasure to explore.

I was testing how religion spreads for this forum and did not want to spend hours if the map was not right for the city spread testing. I was also playing both sides as a human player and all victories turned off. I am not sure how that is cheating.
But sure. I restart games until I find a good start because I am about to invest in 20 hours of my life. You can easily call that cheating, I call that getting value from my life.

I was testing how religion spreads for this forum and did not want to spend hours if the map was not right for the city spread testing. I was also playing both sides as a human player and all victories turned off. I am not sure how that is cheating.
But sure. I restart games until I find a good start because I am about to invest in 20 hours of my life. You can easily call that cheating, I call that getting value from my life.

Just like a robbery in a bank, I can call it " crime " while someone else may call it " getting value from my life " :crazyeye:

Just like a robbery in a bank, I can call it " crime " while someone else may call it " getting value from my life " :crazyeye:
You seem to have a little problem in understanding the use of similes. Unless you truly believe that robbing a bank and using a cheat mode in a single player computer game are truly comparable.

Cheating in single player games is entirely victimless and only serves to increase one's enjoyment - why else would they cheat? - and is, as such, a good thing.

I used reveal all for testing stuff. It saves a lot of exploration. I have never used in a real game but may do. It s not cheating because you do not need it to win

Although be ware, using console commands (maybe even just having debug on) will almost certainly invalidate your game for the purpose of steam achievements. If you care for these..

Cheating in single player games is entirely victimless and only serves to increase one's enjoyment - why else would they cheat? - and is, as such, a good thing.

Indeed, I still immensely enjoy the civ4 world editor function, and often use it spurs up the action. The only drawback of cheats is that some use them to give themselves many ostensibly small early advantages that amount to completely OP balance breaking game, which they neglect to mention in the after action tall tales they make.

You seem to have a little problem in understanding the use of similes. Unless you truly believe that robbing a bank and using a cheat mode in a single player computer game are truly comparable.

That's the reason of the peculiar smile but if you didn't get it no problem, keep on cheating and having fun.

That's the reason of the peculiar smile but if you didn't get it no problem, keep on cheating and having fun.
I haven't used the cheat at all, but that's not the point. Perhaps it's your peculiar smile that twists your perception?

If you use the command "explore map" instead 1) You will see the layout of resources and where all the huts are; 2) the fog of war will remain and you can play as normal, but you will see where the capitals and city states are located; 3) You get an envoy for meeting all city states first, and ill have met all nations and discovered all continents.

Explore map doesn't work as a console command....unless I'm doing something wrong

Top Bottom