Clown Car II: Revenge of the Clowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we've now hit 3000 posts in just 11 months. Do we want to serialise this thread at this point or not?

Especially since this is already, in its way, a serial thread: Clown Car II!

So they floated this idea with Moore but now the GOP are pulling the trigger-

The GOP has pulled Farenthal from the ballot in Texas and will replace him with a non-creeper candidate despite passing the deadline to withdraw him. This is how you steal an election...
The Dems are taking them to court but who thinks the judiciary will back this illegal move? I for one expect them too.

How far away is the election? Deadlines months before an election seem a bit indefensible. If it's like a few weeks, not so much.

Well, we've now hit 3000 posts in just 11 months. Do we want to serialise this thread at this point or not?

The Clowns Strike Back? Return of the Clowns? The Clowns Awaken? The Phantom Clowns???

How far away is the election? Deadlines months before an election seem a bit indefensible. If it's like a few weeks, not so much.

March next year
Its Texas withdrawing names after deadlines seem to be the least of the problems.

An ethics investigation was launched early this month after it was disclosed that his settlement of a 2014 sexual harassment lawsuit was made with $84,000 in taxpayers' money. Since then, Farenthold ended his plans to run for a fifth term and promised to repay the treasury for the settlement's cost.

"I want to be clear that I didn't do anything wrong, but I also don't want taxpayers to be on the hook for this," Farenthold said.

Since 1997, the Office of Compliance has paid out more than $17 million for settlements in various workplace disputes on Capitol Hill. That account — and the elected officials using it — has come under increased scrutiny in recent weeks amid a growing tide of sexual harassment allegations against powerful men. But Farenthold is the only congressman to have used the fund to settle a sexual harassment complaint in the past five years, according to Politico.

Interviews with more than two dozen current and former lawmakers and legislative aides indicate sexual harassment regularly goes unchecked at the Texas Capitol

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/12/04/us-rep-blake-farenthold-pledges-pay-back-84000-sexual-harassment-settl/

Nothing phantom about them, I'm afraid!

The usual rules would say that Broken Erica, then Ajidica and Hobbsyoyo would make the next thread and that naming rights

March next year
Its Texas withdrawing names after deadlines seem to be the least of the problems.

Yeah, I don't see a huge problem with challenging rules that say you can't renominate 3 months out tbh

Yeah, I don't see a huge problem with challenging rules that say you can't renominate 3 months out tbh
Until this snowballs into normal practice and they begin doing it two weeks out like they wanted to with Moore.

I hear your point but if you give a legal inch, the Republicans take an illegal mile and consistently get away with it.

Until this snowballs into normal practice and they begin doing it two weeks out like they wanted to with Moore.

I hear your point but if you give a legal inch, the Republicans take an illegal mile and consistently get away with it.

I predict that if Democrats ever try something similar Republicans will portray it as the End Of Constitutional Government

The US ambassador to the Netherlands claimed there are no-go areas in the country because of radical Islam.

A reporter asked him about his comments and he claims he didn't make them and it's fake news. They have video of him saying it...
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archiv...-go-areas-in-the-netherlands-claim-fake-news/

What a bunch of clowns.

Edit: It gets better, he went on to claim he never said it was fake news just moments before.

So Him saying Fake News was Fake News, ask him again and he'll say the whole exchange never happend. By tomorrow he'll say that he has never talked to a reporter before in his life.

Back when we hit 1000 posts, or whatever the rules were, you guys said to let it ride. So we did. And now you change your mind. :p

Most threads don't notch up 3000 posts in less than a year with the promise of no end in sight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom