College Football In Season Thread

However, if Texas played that schedule and struggled weak after week to beat teams like Wyoming and Toledo, I'd question if they deserved to play in the title game. Of course, if they went undefeated, I'd be all for them getting a shot in a BCS game, maybe even the title game if there are no other undefeated teams. So again, I fail to see how my approach to Boise State is irrational.

lolwut

I guess I've just been convinced Boise State is everything their supporters claim them to be.

I used to like the team for their quirky plays and their blue field. It was more affection than anything else. I thought they were the type of team that was well coached and innovative enough, to go toe to toe with major programs for a single game. 2007 Fiesta Bowl, for example. After the last season, their win over TCU, and the continuity this team has, I really do think they're ranked properly if not too low.

I'm an OSU die hard. If it were Alabama, OSU and Boise at the end of the year sitting on perfect records, I would want OSU to get in to the title game over Boise. On the other hand, I would freely admit that there's a very real chance that Boise could beat OSU (or anyone else) in a head to head.

Boise doesn't struggle to beat Wyoming and and Toledo, Moderator Action: flaming text removed .

Have you been following this conversation at all?? Because if you have, your reading comprehension skills must have been compromised. I never said "they struggle to beat Wyoming and Toledo." I said that they shouldn't struggle to beat those teams if they want a serious shot at one of the top two spots at the end of the year (assuming there are other undefeated's).

Oh, and at this point, we have no idea how they will play against Wyoming or Toledo, they should win easily, but the games have yet to be played.

Have you been following this conversation at all?? Because if you have, your reading comprehension skills must have been compromised.
This is what you said:

However, if Texas played that schedule and struggled weak after week to beat teams like Wyoming and Toledo, I'd question if they deserved to play in the title game.
That implies that you think Boise State struggles week after week to beat teams like Wyoming and Toledo.

This is what you said:

That implies that you think Boise State struggles week after week to beat teams like Wyoming and Toledo.

No it does not. In the flow of the conversation going over several posts that was placed there to show that there was no bias against Boise. Instead that any team that plays a schedule as weak as theirs in a season, be it Texas, Ohio State, or whoever you want to place in there, should be placed near the back of the pecking order when things such as being undefeated are equal, when selecting who will be the top 2 teams.

Doesn't always happen though - Auburn got edged out by cupcake bingers in their undefeated year.

This game came down to a matter of preseason rankings, which Boise State actually has a good advantage at this year. If they play like they did last year, even with a cupcake schedule the rest of the way, there is no way they miss out on the national championship games unless two BCS conference teams go undefeated.

Anybody else catch the Auburn / Miss State game? Thought it was going to be a yawner, but Miss State came on strong at the end only to be finally stopped with seconds left. And the kicker recovered his own onside kick. Don't think I've ever seen that happen before.

I saw some of it :scan: . That game had two big old quarterbacks :eek: .

Am I the only one that is not that impressed with Boise? They looked good, but not elite. Virginia Tech was very sloppy in that game last night, too many penalties, dropped passes, etc. They really have to roll everyone else on the schedule by 21 or more to be seriously in the discussion for the top 2.

Just wanted to say I agreed with this, about the particular game, VA Tech could have done better (and oh so much should have) won.

It is unfortunate Boise won't be tested much again and the whole BCS strength-of-schedule, lack of playoffs problem and so on will continue.

Wow, West Virginia is stinking it up against Marshall, a team that got rolled last week against Ohio State. The Big East is pretty down this year. They desperately need someone to step up and carry the conference flag, because this is pretty pathetic.

Wow, if South Florida can somehow keep ahead in the second half that would be an absolutely awesome upset.

Games so far are pretty good but looking forward to ones later today more :)

Wow, if South Florida can somehow keep ahead in the second half that would be an absolutely awesome upset.

No it wouldn't. :nono:

The only game I watched last night was UTEP-Houston because I always find their games exciting with Keenum at quarterback. I like Houston's schedule this year. I do not know how much of a chance they stand in C-USA, but they have three games against BCS conference foes this year.

Kansas puts 28 on GT after scoring 3 against Northern Southwestern Dakota State Tech University and Daycare Center or whatever they were.

Gotta love that Al Groh defense.

Although Florida's offense is going to hold them back as the season progresses, the defense, once again, dominated their foe as the game went on. It is easy to say Florida had a comeback for the second straight week after trailing in the first quarter, but you have to consider that there is also a second half.

Also, Virginia Tech, a week after losing by 3 to almighty Boise State, is trailing James Madison by 5 in the 4th quarter.

Top Bottom