Exodus!!!

D551

Warlord

see end of thread for full update details.

Complete with my own resources/city graphics/some units from the database...It has some new techs and improvements... its been tested and everything seems in order ;) I just changed a few things... wagon unit was removed completely, spy's were removed from starting location. it has some twists in gameplay. it goes by victory point scoring, basically you(Israel) is on a mission to get the Ark of the covenant to Jericho Safely. and accumulate the remaining victory points needed to win.
New units and techs include:
Wandering, which allows the temporary capital improvement, and the slinger unit. and now the Wagon unit.
Advanced Smithing, it allows a Stronger swordsman and a Stronger Spearman Unit
Tactics, Allows Light Javelinman,
Military Training,Allows stronger Javelinman, and Heavy Cavalry
Moved to ancient timesEspionage allows the spy unit
New city graphics for Egypt and Israel
re-sized quail and manna resources
new Egyptian swordsman
Og the Giant Unit
Joshua unit for israel
I have also added an Axeman with the masonry Tech.
Israel is also supplied with a better Archer.
Graphics re-done for my tech icons.

Civs that are included are...
Egyptians
Midianites
Canaanites
Philistines
and of course Israel
Phoenica
Moabites

-D551

download here
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15931

patch for civilopedia on bottom of second page

It mite be a good idea to hype it up some. One way to get interest is to run a story in that thread, with pix and such. Right now I have no idea what there may be that would make it exciting to play.

I mean what units, what ages, what civ, what map size and so forth.

Personally, I go with the more traditional 1420 BC date for the Exodus, before Anhkaten became the heretical Pharaoh. But is does look like an interesting game.

I have the King James Version and it has a map in the back showing all the theoretical routes, and i just based everything off of that.

OK! I took a quick spin on this, and I have to say, it was really fun! Is this your first scenario? Either way, good job! :)

Just some small ideas...
1) I think the map is just a hair too big, at least for my taste. Maybe you could crop it down so there isn't so much 'wasted' space in the north, west, and east.
2) I really wish more of the Canaanites were present, like Og the Giant, etc. That would be cool! :)

BUT, like I said, this was a lot of fun! ;)

sweet. thanks for the input! Ill use your ideas if I make some changes and update it. I have made quite a few scenarios before but this is one of the best ones ive made i think. ive got some more on here if your interested...

oh I'd also appreciate it if you could give my file a star rating. that would be awsome.

No problem! I really see this as a scenario with a ton of potential. I've always been fascinated by the Exodus, so if you need any help with this, I'd be glad to lend a hand.

As with the more Canaanite tribes to fight with, here's a short intro to what I'm talking about. Maybe you can use an idea similar to one Plotinus used in his "Desert and the Mountain" scenario: You can make "King Units" that require 1000 shields to build, but that are unbuildable. When the Israelites attack Canaan, they can kill these king units and, due to the victory point multipliers, win when they have successfully killed all the king units. Does that make any sense?

Yeah it sure does. Some other things I was also thinking about was putting a joshua unit and 12 spy units to use to investigate Canaan. Also yes help with it would be much appreciated. If you could find some units i could use as spies and one for the giant Og that would be great. and any other input about some changes would be great. thanks!

sweet. also could you upload your .sav file for me to check out how it developed? if you could that would be great.

Ive been working on it some more and i think ive got a great update for this Scenario!
Updates include:
New city graphics for Israel
re-sized quail and manna resources
espionage tech in ancient times with spy unit
new Egyptian swordsman
Og the Giant Unit
Joshua unit for israel
and some other little tweaks.
Uploading soon...

I am thinking of downloading this to run on my Windows laptop. Are all of the bug pretty much worked out?

Yeah although with my new update there may be some that i havent found. but from what I have seen there aren't any bugs.

just made some tweaks, I removed the wagon unit completely, and I removed the spy units from the starting location.

Top Bottom