Exodus!!!

Hello - played this twice on Emperor and lost ! Really fun though and quick to play - it does have a good 'Biblical feel' to it, so good job and I'm going to have another go at it ! One problem - when you reach the next era your cities become invisible unless you have a wall around them - presume this is a graphics/era issue.
Regards ...

Awesome. Didnt know about the city problem. fix will come with my next update. also some fixes on the tech positioning. i want to add two more civs Phoenicia and the Moabites. the Phoenicians would be located on the northern shore of the med and the moabites in the desert west of the dead sea. any input on that?

I think that would be good - and it will fill in some of those blank spaces. I still want to win this one at the moment ! My first attempt ended when the Eqyptians caught me, and I lost the second with the Canaanites winning on points. Need to try another strategy !

i want to add two more civs Phoenicia and the Moabites. the Phoenicians would be located on the northern shore of the med and the moabites in the desert west of the dead sea. any input on that?

Look up the locations of Sidon & Tyre for the Phoenicians. Basically, present-day Lebanon which is the EASTERN shore of the Med.

Moab was on the EAST side of the Dead Sea.

Look up the locations of Sidon & Tyre for the Phoenicians. Basically, present-day Lebanon which is the EASTERN shore of the Med.

Moab was on the EAST side of the Dead Sea.

well the map that i have for this scenario only includes the eastern shore of the med. so when i said northern shore i mean the northern eastern shore ;) and i must've written this wrong but what i meant was moab to be on the west side of the dead sea... haha

update to be coming soon...

i must've written this wrong but what i meant was moab to be on the west side of the dead sea... haha

update to be coming soon...

Again, Moab is on the EAST side of the Dead Sea, not the west. The west side of the Dead Sea is Judea.

Good luck w/ this scenario. I wanted to do something similar once, but just couldn't devote the time.

Again, Moab is on the EAST side of the Dead Sea, not the west. The west side of the Dead Sea is Judea.

Good luck w/ this scenario. I wanted to do something similar once, but just couldn't devote the time.

haha ok wow im such a dork :lol: i cant believe i said that haha btw im dyslexic so thats probably why i kept doing that geez hahaha! right it is on the east side my bad :lol::lol::goodjob:

if you download id like some comments :crazyeye:

Updates
two new wonders coming with the next update:
Walls of Jericho requires construction, basically the great wall re-encarnated
Temple of solomon requires monotheism in the middle ages 4 happy faces
Ark of the Covenant new civilopedia icon

This is the civilopedia icon for Walls of Jericho

and heres the splash cept its not as good in the scenario.

EXODUS!!!!!!

This is the updated version of my exodus scenario. Updates include:
NEW INTERFACE GRAPHICS!!!
two new civilizations: Moab and Phoenica
New ramses unit graphics
re-done tech graphics

New civilopedia graphics for:
Units:
Ark of the Covenant
Ramses
Techs:
ceremonial Burial
Mysticism
City improvements:
Cathedral

New wonders:
Walls of Jericho
Temple of Solomon
Shrine Of Jericho (replaces Mosoleum of mossolus or how ever you spell it...)
WONDERS removed:
Temple of Artemis
Temple of Zeus
the oricle

this MOD or scenario or whatever was created by D551! I spent a lot of time on this and
spent time playing the game itself to make sure everything is working correctly.

If you find any bugs please let me know on civfanatics.com
-thanks! D551

I just d/l'd this & am looking at it now. Here are some issues I'm finding:

1. In the civ selection screen, the Hebrew civ links to the pedia entry for the Babylonians.

2. The introduction screen is badly written & contains many grammatical & spelling errors. There's too much that needs fixing for me to list it all here, but here's a list of the words that are misspelled in the order they appear: equipped, Nile, queen, fled, G-d, king, pestilences, Canaanites, Philistines, Moses, Jericho (x3), Sinai, A & VP.

I also recommend either using the term "Hebrew" or the term "Israelite," but not both & not "Israel." It's a tad confusing when you use multiple names for the same civ. Pick one & stick with it.

3. The pedia entry for the Moses unit. The effects page is only 2 sentences, yet it has one grammatical error & 1 spelling error.

The description page is a mess. It looks like it was copied from a place like Wiki. The reference numbers aren't necessary & the attempt to add the Hebrew spelling of "Moshe Rabenu" didn't work. It's not necessary to include the "Rabenu" title as that was added centuries later & is only used by Jews (basically, it means "rabbi").

4. The copy on both the description & effects page of the Slinger unit pedia is all messed up.

5. Some of the 13 starting Settlers are named after tribes, which is cool,:goodjob: but there is a Settler named "Jew," which is just silly, & a Settler that hasn't been renamed. There were 12 tribes so it's easy to stay with the theme & name all 13 Settlers after one plus one for the Levites.

6. The pedia entry for the Egyptian Swordsman is about Roman gladiators...

I sent a couple of Scouts after the goody huts around Egypt & the rest of my units are off on the trail to Jericho. Will return with more reports.

Edit:

7. I got the Ark to Jericho, but nothing happened...

8. Cathedrals should not be in this scenario. They came along many centuries after this scenario takes place.

9. Either Tyre or Sidon are in the wrong place. I'm not sure which, yet.

10. I marched right through Moab without ever meeting any Moabites or even seeing their cultural border. Either they're not really in the scenario or they're in the wrong place.

Wow thank you so much. this is awesome. Thank you so much for this input. Now I have something to do! haha yeah there is a lot of stuff that i just kinda did quickly, For instance alot of the civilopedia, and also from the first time i created the scenario introduction, I haven't ever gone back and fixed anything... which is why you may have been confused with the ark of the covenant thing at Jericho. I changed the VP Thing so that when you get the Ark to Jericho you have to do some fighting to get the remaining victory points.
But so far, Great input i will see if i can work on this and get a new update soon. thanks, and keep it coming!

Looks really great! I always thought im not into mini-games with one goal only... but i have to try this.

ighty sorry took so long to do this. just started college.
heres a patch for the civilopedia file

Attachments

• Civilopedia Patch.zip
    202.1 KB · Views: 178
D551, it's good to see you're still working on this!

I'd suggest putting patches & any other updates in the 1st post of the thread also. Install instructions are nice, too. I don't think I've ever tried to install a pedia patch before.

i did put some instructions in the readme file that i put with it. :D

Top Bottom