Loading times for Civ VI

Something running badly doesn't mean that it was poorly-optimised. "optimisation" is thrown around as a catch-all phrase for magically improving game performance.

Sometimes the base systems simply don't scale well, leading to bad performance under certain conditions (larger maps, longer games, more units, etc, et. al). In these situations "optimisation" won't help, because the code can't be "optimised" any more than it already has been.

You can call that poor design, or poor implementation, or whatever you want. But people need to stop misusing "optimisation" like the developers never attempt it or something.
Yes I know that. For example civ 4 turn times worsened late game due to trade routes mechanic where cities would do calculations to get best trade routes every turn.

But in case of civ 5 it was even worse. Part of it could be due to bad AI (constantly swapping troops needlessly) & 1UPT (units traffic problem).

But I would argue that there were some serious optimization issues as well, quite worse than civ 4 IMHO which wasn't perfect by any stretch. For example when loading a save game, ciV had hard time rendering maps quickly unlike previous titles.

Sent from my HTC Desire 820s dual sim using Tapatalk

Top Bottom