Lord of the Balors feedback

Kael

Deity
Post your feedback for this scenario here.

Dumb question. What do I have to do to unlock it? I've finished Against the Wall, Barbarian Assault, The Splintered Court, and the Gift of Kylorin. Seeing as I'm getting thrashed in The Momus, I'm going to try Return of Winter. That seems like it'd be the proper combo for unlocking the last of the unconnected scenarios.
I could be wrong, though... what are the unlock prereqs for Lord of the Balors, exactly?

Dumb question. What do I have to do to unlock it? I've finished Against the Wall, Barbarian Assault, The Splintered Court, and the Gift of Kylorin. Seeing as I'm getting thrashed in The Momus, I'm going to try Return of Winter. That seems like it'd be the proper combo for unlocking the last of the unconnected scenarios.
I could be wrong, though... what are the unlock prereqs for Lord of the Balors, exactly?

Wages of Sin is one of them and thats not in yet. I dont have access to the code right now but I think the other requirement is the Radiant Guard.

Wages of Sin is one of them and thats not in yet. I dont have access to the code right now but I think the other requirement is the Radiant Guard.

Heh... one of the the reasons I'm so intent on doing Lord of the Balors is because, looking at the description for Radiant Guard, I thought to myself, "I'd best do Lord of the Balors first." But apparently, the egg comes before the chicken...

=P I took a sneak peak a the scenario after I finished the rest, and I must say that I loved Keelyn's story for going after the infernals :lol:

Though that's the case, I'd suggest tweaking the replies for rejecting the minor infernal lords to something more Keelyn-ish than the
Spoiler :
"I came here to rid the world of the demons" or something close to that.
:crazyeye:

You can bypass the Scenario screen entirely and play the scenarios is you want to. Just open C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Scenarios and double click on Lord of the Balors.CivBeyondSwordWBSave.

I'm not sure if completing the scenario this way would effect the Infernal's strength in earlier scenarios of not.

=P I took a sneak peak a the scenario after I finished the rest, and I must say that I loved Keelyn's story for going after the infernals :lol:

Though that's the case, I'd suggest tweaking the replies for rejecting the minor infernal lords to something more Keelyn-ish than the
Spoiler :
"I came here to rid the world of the demons" or something close to that.
:crazyeye:

Thanks, KillerClowns actually wrote all the text for Keelyn in that scenario and he did an amazing job.

:mischief: And when completing the scenario as Keelyn I ended up with a Gossam victory and the Gossam ending--I was dying to see Keelyn's ending story lol~

Spoiler :
Could we have a picture of a bruised Hybbie wrapped up in pink ribbons please? :lol:

Trying to imagine Keelyn ordering all the other lesser demons of Hell to play house with her XD

:mischief: And when completing the scenario as Keelyn I ended up with a Gossam victory and the Gossam ending--I was dying to see Keelyn's ending story lol~

Spoiler :
Could we have a picture of a bruised Hybbie wrapped up in pink ribbons please? :lol:

Trying to imagine Keelyn ordering all the other lesser demons of Hell to play house with her XD

Ill fix that in the next version. I will PM the actual victory text to you shortly, you will not be dissapointed.

Oh right one lil' thing I recall, were summoned wraiths supposed to give their summoners one XP per victory?
I was pretty certain my liches weren't getting any XP from using wraiths (so I "cheated" and used the broken Keelyn trick of getting 9 wraiths per lich using puppets since I didn't get the XP in a couple of emergencies :lol:)

(and the twincast trick of getting 36 wraiths out with Hemah felt wrong after soloing an infernal capital so I stopped after that :mischief:)

You know, once I entered hell I found it wasn't very impressive. There aren't very many sources of Manes in this scenario (especially if you can get Keeyln to convert to a good religion early on), so most of the cities stayed pretty small. I was rater disappointed when I found "The Dread Metropolis of Dis" was only size 3. I tend to think that Dis should start out much larger than that. I also tend to think that it could be a good idea to have a small Sheaim kingdom right at the boarder of hell, near the altars where they worship their demonic masters. That could really help with the lack of manes.

Edit: I just noticed that you do give them free manes already. Maybe it just seemed to easy because I cheated to get to Dis really quickly. I guess my earlier suggestions aren't that important then, but they could still be nice.

I loaded this scenario from the folder, not in the game (which I thought was actually the proper way until I read MagisterCultuum's post). When I play as the Mercurians, I don't have Basium. What is the go there? Do I need to build him?

I loaded this scenario from the folder, not in the game (which I thought was actually the proper way until I read MagisterCultuum's post). When I play as the Mercurians, I don't have Basium. What is the go there? Do I need to build him?

Yes, you must build him as you would any other hero if you want to use him. He requires Iron Working and costs 240 hammers.

You might actually want to avoid building him, as that way he can't be killed and cost you your traits.

I played it as basium (but without basium), had some small angel-stack out that managed to get rid of the first demon lord but got smacked from some random SoD afterwarts (5 units with a total of 1500xp :( )

my next offensive was chalid with 8 angels, chalid managed to get nearly all available promotions, 650xp or something in the end.
i placed a few cities but got them razed when the apocalyptic riders showed, was a bit sloppy not to think of them.

it was amazing to see varn holding a city with 8 units against two stacks of 20+ demons, most of them CR3++, all due to binding light, seems the AI exploits it, too :)

without chalid the later part would not have been possible, and binding light enabled me to defend against some SoDs that would have taken me out otherwise.

if i play it again i would focus on unlocking special angels, i am not really used to the mercurians and as long as i was happy with the standard angels it never crossed my mind that maybe heralds etc would have been a lot cooler.

i suggest going empyrion/chalid here, followed by angel-techs, at least if you play as basium. keelyn may benefit from a mage-heavy approach etc.

I don't see why you wounldn't at least want Basium guarding your capital.

Anyway, playing as the Bannor in a perpetual crusade was how I won this one. endless Demagogs + Shadowwalk + Haste + Bless will take cities easier than you might think ;)

I thought the Order would be better here for crusaders free demon slaying promotion, though I suppose paramanders would be just as good...Hard decision...

Of course order would seem best role-playing wise

Top Bottom