PBEM C3C Player Registry

One other question - I've also recently started attempting the GOTM/COTMs to add another challenge to C3C. I noticed they recommend adding the NoAIPatrol=0 setting to the conquests.ini file. I have done this in order to remain consistent with their rules, but I wanted to ask if this will have any effect on PBEM games - do all players need to have the setting set to the same, does it not matter either way, or do all of you more experienced players use NoAIPatrol=0 already?

I personally don't have a preference, but I only want to comment that the NoAIPatrol setting only takes effect for the one player that hits "End Turn" last in PBEM games. All the AI turns are processed after all the human player turns are done.

I've been playing C3C for about a dozen years and would like to try PBEM.
I've read the Newby PBEM guide, as well as a couple of other writeups, although I probably can't remember it all.

Typically when playing C3C against the AI, I play what are commonly referred to as "Epic" games - 16 civs on a huge map, Monarch level. So I'd prefer not to play scenarios.
I do realize that, being new to C3C PBEM, other players will be hesitant to immediately put me into a large game, so a smaller game will be fine, as long as it is not a scenario. I'm willing to be a replacement player in an existing game.

I'm not new to PBEM in general, having PBEM'd several other war/strategy games over the years (Combat Mission series and some HPS/JTS titles, among others).

I'm reliable, although it would probably take me a while to get used to all the ins-and-outs.
Leave me a PM and we'll see about exchanging email addys.

ps- I'm running version 1.22, which presumably is the last and latest patch.

@RobS, have looked at [thread]497286[/thread] since there is a need for another player. This is using a mod.but most PBEMs nowadays are using mods.

Way too many houserules. This is a good example of exactly what I'm not looking to get into.

It's OK, I realize I'm 10 years late to the party and that probably few people still play vanilla C3C.

I've got plenty of other PBEM opportunities besides Civilization, if nothing works out.

The frequency in this forum and the start of new PBEMs has dropped considerable over the last two years, though. Currently only 6 active games! :eek:

There is another PBEM community over at the German Civforum, which still seems much more active than the one here at Civfanatics: currently about 20 active games. You might have better chances to find an open spot there.

http://www.civforum.de/forumdisplay.php?16-Civ3-PBEM
Most people there are fluent in English, though you probably need a basic grasp of German in order to get around there?!

I'm game for PBEMs starting this Yuletide.

Top Bottom