Random Rants LXIX: Life is a Dismal Chore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less a matter of disgraced aristocrats, more aristocrats too violent for civilized society so they got kicked out.
The nobles too violent for Scandinavia ended up in England.
The nobles too violent for England ended up in Iceland.
The nobles too violent for Iceland ended up in Greenland.
The nobles too violent for Greenland ended up in America.
:huh:

Funny, I always thought that L'Anse-aux-Meadows (where their seasonal settlement was in North America) was on the northern tip of Newfoundland, which is in Canada. *checks* Yep, there it is.

What about Australia ?
(Penal colony for criminals)
I don't remember reading that the Vikings were in Australia. Not even Hagar the Horrible made it that far.

Funny, I always thought that L'Anse-aux-Meadows (where their seasonal settlement was in North America) was on the northern tip of Newfoundland, which is in Canada. *checks* Yep, there it is.
EVERYWHERE IS 'MURICA!!!!!!
USA#1!!!

EVERYWHERE IS 'MURICA!!!!!!
USA#1!!!
:rolleyes:

No.

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day, one of the two days of the year when Canada formally expresses our patriotism. I'm honestly not in the mood for "USA#1".

We saved your Commonwealth in two world wars and we are more than capable of doing it again, with or without Prime Minister Pretty-Boy.

We saved your Commonwealth in two world wars and we are more than capable of doing it again, with or without Prime Minister Pretty-Boy.
Is that what they teach in American schools now? :lol:

Canada's Prime Minister is attractive, that's true. He's healthy and youthful (he'll be 46 next month). And the right-wing seems insanely obsessed by that.

You know what some people are calling Justin Trudeau now? Because he's able to have a conversation with Trump that remains cordial and not laugh in his face over so many of the stupid or belligerent things he says, there are politicians around the world who have begun to call him "The Trump Whisperer" and they've been asking him how he does it.

Yeah, and Canada is in America. Or are you not aware that the entire western hemisphere is America? That's why the two continents on this side of the world are named North America and South America.

Or are you one of those people that equates the word "America" with the United States of America? If so, that makes you a pretty US-centric person, and it's more than a little weird for a Canadian to have US-centric sentiments.

FACT: America is the United States of America. End of discussion. Everything else is [adjective]-America(n)

evidence: Estados Unidos Mexicanos

Is that what they teach in American schools now? :lol:
I'm in fake USA#1 mode right now, but in total seriousness the British Commonwealth -of which Canada was one of the primary Dominions- would not have survived the First World War or the Second without the massive financial and industrial support of the United States

Yeah, and Canada is in America.
No, it is not.

Or are you not aware that the entire western hemisphere is America?
Laying claim to the whole western hemisphere now, are you? That's arrogant.

That's why the two continents on this side of the world are named North America and South America.
Do a Google image search of the western hemisphere. Antarctica shows up on some of those maps. So to sum up:

1. You can't count to 3 (continents).

2. It's common for everyone in your country to refer to it as "America" and to differentiate it from other countries. Do you also claim that Mexico is "America"? Would any of your right-wing politicians go along with that? Some of them barely regard the people of Mexico as human, let alone "Americans."

3. You have confused the country of Canada with one of the states in your own country. Canada is Canada. We're not part of your country. Never have been, and hopefully never will be.

Canada being a country situated on the North American continent doesn't make us "American." It makes us North American. There's a difference.

Or are you one of those people that equates the word "America" with the United States of America? If so, that makes you a pretty US-centric person, and it's more than a little weird for a Canadian to have US-centric sentiments.
I'm not US-centric at all. I'm Canadian-centric. And we're not part of America. You claim that for yourself.

Maybe you remember a little ditty called "America the Beautiful"? There are probably thousands, if not tens of thousands, of songs referring to your country as "America." Your politicians refer to your country as "America."

They don't refer to Canada as "America." They refer to Canada as "Canada" unless they're Oprah Winfrey, when she referred to Canada as "Kah-NAH-da" on one occasion. I guess being rich is no guarantee of being literate.

They don't refer to Canada as "America." They refer to Canada as "Canada" unless they're Oprah Winfrey, when she referred to Canada as "Kah-NAH-da" on one occasion. I guess being rich is no guarantee of being literate.
That's a funny statement cause Oprah is like the Queen of books.

Also... :culture: Murica! Eff yeah! Comin' again to save the mutha effin day yeah! Murica! Eff yeah! Freedumb iz dee only waaaayyy!:culture:
USA #1 baby :D

That's a funny statement cause Oprah is like the Queen of books.

Also... :culture: Murica! Eff yeah! Comin' again to save the mutha effin day yeah! Murica! Eff yeah! Freedumb iz dee only waaaayyy!:culture:
USA #1 baby :D
She's not the queen of my books. And if she can't pronounce "Canada" correctly, I'm entitled to question her literacy skills.

I'm surprised that Canadians would choose their own identity - which is basically tree-huggers who enjoy Ice Hockey - over being part of their far greater, amazing neighbor that is the United States of Greatness.

:rolleyes: No.

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day, one of the two days of the year when Canada formally expresses our patriotism. I'm honestly not in the mood for "USA#1".
In case you didn't know (why would you:))... Today is Veteran's Day here in Murica. So this is a pretty patriotic National Holiday for us as well. So a few extra USA#1's should be expected/excused ;)

No matter which country, dirty crooked-teeth anglo saxons should burn in utter hellfire for their perfidious meddling1. I'm no racist of course, after all melanin-enriched individuals literally cannot be racist. Those are my thoughts for the day. :)

1 The Opium Wars, Famines in British colonies, fudging up the Middle-East, Interfering in the Spanish Civil War, The Korean War, The Vietnam War, The Gulf-War, The Iraqi Invasion, The...

No matter which country, dirty crooked-teeth anglo saxons should burn in utter hellfire for their perfidious meddling1. I'm no racist of course, after all melanin-enriched individuals literally cannot be racist. Those are my thoughts for the day. :)

1 The Opium Wars, Famines in British colonies, ******* up the Middle-East, Interfering in the Spanish Civil War, The Korean War, The Vietnam War, The Gulf-War, The Iraqi Invasion, The...

Be careful what you wish for... stuff enough of us into Hell and we'll just end up colonising it.

I plan to be the one to introduce cricket to demon savages. The tortured becomes the torturer!

Power went down for a bit, it's back up now but i had just finished typing out a post and just as my cursor went over the post reply button, the power cut out just before i could click it.

A billion years ago, I read in Ripley's Believe it or Not that bagpipes were invented in Egypt and taken to Britain by the Roman legions.
Adds a whole new dimension to "what have the Romans ever done for us".

Adds a whole new dimension to "what have the Romans ever done for us".
Well, they did contribute some engineering/architectural knowledge (such as arches), and they invented a precursor to modern cement. I'd say both of those are very handy things we still use today and really couldn't get along without, if we want modern cities and fancy buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom