Random thoughts 1: Just Sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means she likes you. Ask her out.

She likes you. Ask her out. Just don't go too far with it or lead a revolution.

A french flag sports car lightsaber avatar, of course she likes u.

I thought you couldn't have a custom avatar until you hit a certain number of posts. Has that changed?

She likes you. Ask her out. Just don't go too far with it or lead a revolution.
It means she likes you. Ask her out.
you really think she likes me though cause the next day in class she said "i dont know why he looks at me". so im not sure why she said that.

Moderator Action: Please don't double post in future. Use the +Quote function to include multiple replies in the same post. ~ Arakhor

Last edited by a moderator:
Because "Doctor" and "Dr." as a formal title have a specific semantic meaning within the English language divorced of its original etymological meaning: i.e. Doctor in English = medical doctor in 99% of cases. The only other places where having a Doctoral degree are applicable or relevant are in academia and STEM fields, and in both contexts you're dealing with fields where basically everybody has a doctorate so referring to yourself formally as Dr. would be as redundant as listing your name as John Smith, BA would be in a white collar workplace. It just comes across as pretentious and like you're trying to cover up for some insecurity or another. You're still likely to see people with PhDs to be referred to as Dr. X in formal situations (like when being introduced formally or in introductions in letters in which the interlocutors are not on familiar terms), assuming a more prestigious title (e.g. Professor) doesn't apply, but you'll almost never see a Ph.D. refer to themselves as "Doctor" unless they are licensed medical professionals, and if you do see someone doing so, it should be setting off some lowkey alarm bells.

What about Doctor Strangelove, Doctor Who, or Doctor Mario? Doctor Dre?

Those are all fictitious characters, right?

Those are all fictitious characters, right?
Doctor Dre is real. The rest of them are feasible, other than Doctor Who. But to make up for it, he is by far the most popular on the list.

you really think she likes me though cause the next day in class she said "i dont know why he looks at me". so im not sure why she said that.
She's being weird.

She's being weird.
The best way to explain it is to just say ‘Women!’ in a low voice while shaking your head and rolling your eyes.

I had a dream this morning that I woke up to 17 pms on CFC

The American Revolution should be called the American Secession. They didn't overthrow the king, they just left the Empire.

I had a dream this morning that I woke up to 17 pms on CFC
I once had a dream about a fellow CFCer. In the dream, he was one of my RL friends, instead of a CFC friend. We were at a mutual friend's house for a gathering. I'd brought some tequila and he had a glass. That was all there was too the dream (except that this house had crazy-many rooms in it).

I wonder how many of us have had dreams that feature CFC.

Last edited:
I once had a dream about a fellow CFCer. In the dream, he was one of my RL friends, instead of a CFC friend. We were at a mutual friend's house for a gathering. I'd brought some tequila and he had a glass. That was all there was too the dream (except that this house had crazy-many rooms in it).
and that CFCer was domination3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom