Random thoughts 1: Just Sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need a talk like the one Shojo gives to Belkar.

All 50 states were just ranked based on quality of life. North Dakota was ranked number one in quality of life while California was ranked dead last. All I hear from Californians though is how great their state is. If that's the case, why is their quality of life the absolute worst in the nation?

Didn't you guys just go through a UN debacle where Alabama was ranked amongst third world nations?

If that's the case, why is their quality of life the absolute worst in the nation?
It's because of all the Smug that's polluting the air.

All 50 states were just ranked based on quality of life. North Dakota was ranked number one in quality of life while California was ranked dead last. All I hear from Californians though is how great their state is. If that's the case, why is their quality of life the absolute worst in the nation?

ranked by you? pro tip: next time you make some claim add the source, so we can all actually, you know, read up on it. or maybe you just want to keep talking to yourself. that's fine, too, of course.

You don't know how to use Google? Quit being lazy and do your own research.
Which might yield results different to yours? If you're going to comment on something you've just read then posting the source is common sense.

Which might yield results different to yours? If you're going to comment on something you've just read then posting the source is common sense.

Normally I do post my sources. But since I'm not really feeling...appreciated around here recently, I've taken to not really extending even basic common courtesies to people here anymore.

So I say again: Do your own research. Or don't. Doesn't really matter. It's not like there's anything forcing you or anyone else to read or respond to my posts.

But since I'm not really feeling...appreciated around here recently, I've taken to not really extending even basic common courtesies to people here anymore.
:rolleyes:

Normally I do post my sources. But since I'm not really feeling...appreciated around here recently, I've taken to not really extending even basic common courtesies to people here anymore.

You did post that you didn't care what other people thought about you. If you've changed your mind, that's great, but I'm not sure what you were expecting.

Really depends on who was doing the ranking, and what they were ranking it based on.

You don't know how to use Google? Quit being lazy and do your own research.
That's rude.

So I say again: Do your own research. Or don't. Doesn't really matter. It's not like there's anything forcing you or anyone else to read or respond to my posts.
If you don't remember the source, say so. If you do know the source but refuse to provide it, then nobody is obligated to take your posts seriously.

As for courtesy... Courtesy begets courtesy. If you're not perceiving it from us, then perhaps you should examine your own recent posts.

I saw that too. For their example picture of QoL they showed a woman jogging in San Francisco.

QoL score is divorced from a whole range of important QoL factors they have reserved for other categories like economy, where they ranked California #4.

QoL was based on some metric of how they did community QoL (who knows?) with air and water quality and yeah man, things can be better.

I think for the first time in my life, I've arrived at a point where the bad behavior of previous years is coming back to haunt me. "What if I had not wasted most of my free time between 2004 and 2010 with playing World of Warcraft?" I think to myself, and fantasize about the point in my personal development that I could be at right now. Can't change much about that now, but it got me thinking: Am I not right now doing the same thing to my future? I am already focusing a lot more on my personal development than I did in the past, a lot more on doing things that I enjoy, or that will be useful in the future, not the things that have become a daily routine... but am I doing "enough"? Should I not stop reading random forum posts and having meaningless discussions just to make time go by? :think:

I guess I'll have to give it a try, so goodbye for now. :wavey:

I think I've wandered into the weird part of the internet again...
:dunno:

I think for the first time in my life, I've arrived at a point where the bad behavior of previous years is coming back to haunt me. "What if I had not wasted most of my free time between 2004 and 2010 with playing World of Warcraft?" I think to myself, and fantasize about the point in my personal development that I could be at right now. Can't change much about that now, but it got me thinking: Am I not right now doing the same thing to my future? I am already focusing a lot more on my personal development than I did in the past, a lot more on doing things that I enjoy, or that will be useful in the future, not the things that have become a daily routine... but am I doing "enough"? Should I not stop reading random forum posts and having meaningless discussions just to make time go by? :think:

I guess I'll have to give it a try, so goodbye for now. :wavey:
Look, I've been in that place myself recently. The true answer is that there is no time machine so neither you nor I can go back in time and say ‘hey you there, don't do X and Y, because it will be a mess/waste/disaster’. Take the positive side, that you had an interesting time playing a very cool game for six years.

And take it as a learning opportunity: ultimately a computer game is just a game, as cool as it may be, and now you've learned the true value of (some) things. By all means do keep posting here, with maybe a change in style?
As for your future, it's always in the future, but you can sometimes influence it.

Good luck, lass!

Ryika peace bro.

Disclaimer: if this post gives me the next thread, i revoke the right to it.

And now, for the post itself.

It is good that just because there exists x, which is garbage, one has to explain he isn't x. Sort of similar to how any x thinks they are y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom