Rise of Asia

If I can find the time (and the patience ;) ) I might take up on producing pre-Islamic Indian style cities. It's been a while since I've done pixel work. :)

If I can find the time (and the patience ) I might take up on producing pre-Islamic Indian style cities. It's been a while since I've done pixel work.

We could just merge Indian kingdoms, Nepal, and all of Southeast asia, under my Khmer city set, what do you think Blue? That would be something if you'd do that Ogedai.
Revisiting Aion's thread reminded me what a pleasure it was to first cross paths with you SoG. It's too bad he hasn't posted here since July (hope he's doing well).

The Khmer set looks ..., well, adequate. Ideally I'd like to see something with elements of what you have there, plus some of the brown tones and variety of shapes in the set you call Malaysian/Javan. I'd definitely give whatever help I can if Ogedei, SoG, or anyone else wants to make a truly Indian city set. I'd try myself, If anyone knows of a city-making tutorial, let me know.

Basically it involves cutting and pasting and/or pixel work, it can be as complicated or as simple as you want it to be. For example, lets say I wanted a Javaese city with a Khmer style temple inside....

I'd just cut the Khmer style building from my city set and place it somewhere where it would look nice in the Javaese city. It takes alot of small movements like that to make a full city graphic, and thats the most simple way to make them. Ogedai makes them the hard way, pixel by pixel...:eek:

It was a pleasure meeting you to Blue.

City making is much harder than it appears. Making textures by individually modifying pixels allows for the most detail, but is a painstaking proccess that can consume many hours; those Chinese cities that I made actually took a good long week with three to four hours a day since I made each building individually. Of course, the results may be that the building may look a bit cartoonish (which can be said of just about any of the city graphics made here); making textures ain't easy and things are simply easier said than done. ;) Cut-and-pasting and recoloring sounds easy, but it's also quite complicated since buildings have to fit and be re-sized or else look too awkward. RedAlert made his cities by a combination of cut-and-pasting and re-colorization, which is why the look very Civ3-ish. :)

Basically it involves cutting and pasting and/or pixel work, it can be as complicated or as simple as you want it to be. For example, lets say I wanted a Javaese city with a Khmer style temple inside....

I'd just cut the Khmer style building from my city set and place it somewhere where it would look nice in the Javaese city. It takes alot of small movements like that to make a full city graphic, and thats the most simple way to make them. Ogedai makes them the hard way, pixel by pixel...
That's what I need to know - how to make the buildings in the first place. There's lots of things characteristic of a Classical Age Indian city that aren't already made here: the city gates similar to those at Sanchi, a tank, the temple style, assembly hall, etc.

Thank you! Those are really nice, and I'll be using them at some point. You should take a look, too, Ogedei. What program were they made with?

As I posted above, the problem will be to come up with things that look truly Indian. The Khmer will do; but it's kind of like using South American buildings of the 18th century to represent Renaissance Spain. (Hey Shirou, I've suddenly got a lot more sympathy for you viz. Japanese armor:crazyeye: ).

heya guys!
question for you here if you dont mind :)
1. would ye have any use for a mongol swordsman?
2. does this look like a mongol swordsman? (i want it to be as historically correct as i can get it.)

yes, i have been doing my homework ;)
just not as much as i should, instead i was making this chap :D
and cool! i'll just wait to see what blue and shiro and ogedei says before i continue doing anything with him. untill then i'll keep at the carabineer :D

its a prop not a character, it should have an obj.
I searched my computer, and I dont have the file either.
You need to put all the files in the fold, into your prop section of poser.

Poser6/runtime/library/props/weapons folder

Top Bottom