Rise of Asia

This is most definately your best work ever. That's saying something, especially when you think of leaderheads like Taharqa, which I thought was fantastic.

One small thing though - I'd suggest you make her nostrils the same dark colour as the rest of her face - they're currently pink ;) .

Here's some suggestions for Sri Lankan backgrounds.
First Row: Adam's Peak - the central massif of the island, venerated by lilgrims of all the major religions. That white at the top is a small building, sheltering an imprint in the stone, variously interpreted as the footprints of Adam, Buddha, etc.
Second Row: Koneswaram - the location of Ravana's palace in the Ramayana, now a monastery.
Rows Three-Five: Sigiriya - a palace and fortress occupied since 5th cent. BCE, with major building in the 5th cent. CE. The 5th row shows two views of the Lion's Gate, which originally had a a head made of wood and plaster, with the actual entrance through the mouth.
Sixth Row: Jetawana- Third tallest ancient brick structure in the world - a stupa with major relics. Located at Anuradhapura, which was a capitol of Lanka off and on between 5th BCE and 11th CE.
Seventh Row: Dalada Maligawa - Temple of Buddha's Tooth
Eighth Row: Sri Maha Bodhi Tree - planted in 288 BCE from a cutting from the very tree where Buddha became enlightened. The oldest living human-planted tree.
Ninth Row: in case you wanted something more generic - a Hindu Temple in Colombo.
Thumbnail

Unfortunately all the Palaces from the period covered by the mod have been so ravaged by war, looters, and time, that there's nothing worth posting for a LH background.

Personally, If I had the skill, I would create a composite of Adam's Peak and the Shiva fountain with the monkey from Koneswaram for the Ancient era, and Sigiriya with the Lion's Gate, head and all, for the Medieval. But that's a dream beyond my capabilities.

In general, yes it would work. The headress is basically OK, but I would lose the elf-ear looking things for an Indian. For Indian, the bow should be longer. The clothing is pretty SE Asian, not Indian. The male should be wearing a dhoti, not a sarong. Like this image of Rama for bow & dhoti:

Well if theres one thing this mods gonna rock in its gonna be alternate culture groups. Shiro if you don't mind allow me to choose which group gets which city sets. If you dissaprove of something I choose you have the final call of coarse. But lets get the ball rolling...

I'm thinking of doing a Ryukyukoku buildings set after I finish with my current Edo Jidai set and my Hanzhao set. Do you have any suggestions and pictures?

Also, feel free to use my city sets. ;)

SoG, I posted a new and better version of those cities; it's in my graphics library. ;)

A note on Nomadic - the Mongols later adopted Tibetan-style architecture for their temples. How about using my Himalayan set for the second era?

same problem. Maybe try blurring it in photoshop.

Blurring it causes pixels to smudge. Also there's the issue of palette limitations and transparency glitches that may result. Civ3 graphics are cartoony to begin with anyway. It doesn't actually look that cartoony in-game, though.

Top Bottom