The Momus feedback

So after giving me hell for weeks I finally settled on a strategy that has allowed me to complete this one. I went RoK and Bambur plus a commander has single handedly crushed every other empire along with some Air 2 Mages. I never bothered taking any cities, as my stack moves across the map I just raze everything to the ground.

I am disappointed that Beeri was the first leader to be eliminated. How much story will I miss out on by not joining with him against Perpy?

I realize that flavor should follow form, but after beating the Black Tower and thinking about it, the story of this scenario kind of annoys me.

I mean, ok, so Falamar goes into the court of Perpentech to get some ships to replace the ones that he lost at the end of the Grand Menagerie so he can go fight Tebryn. Perpentech makes him play an insane game for the boats.

Except the game seems to involve gifting of entire cities and making these people wage some sort of continental war. Even early on in the scenario, before I was anywhere close to beating Sallos, I had an army that dwarfed what I would start with in the Radiant Guard. Why not just build a few Galleons and leave?

The whole "play a game of Perpentech's" only makes sense if it's cheaper to play along than to build your own ships. Lore wise, it would have made much more sense to have some ritualized combat between the protagonists themselves, or at most some sort of mock empire (this would fit in nicely with Perpentech's insanity) where each man's "Kingdom" encompasses like 20 people. A nastier version of Laser tag or something.

But when you look at the demographics page and see that you have an empire of eleven million people...........

My take on this is that you're playing some sort of "virtual" war game for Perpentach (be it through the use of mind magic, happy mushrooms, and/or whatever the Balseraphs use to get their strategy game fix :) ).
The way I see this, everything in the Momus is fictional, except the leaders actually do die when defeated. That would justify your getting all the religious heroes and wonders of Erebus, and huge sprawling cities full of infrastructure for what's pretty much a big Risk-meets-paintball game.

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has any tips for this map. I am new to FfH2 in general and I want to play through the scenarios but I just cannot get past this one. I read through this thread and beelined for Fanaticism so I could make paladins and Sphener and take out the Infernals early but it didn't work out too well. I have a source of iron right next to one of my cities that I discovered when smelting was researched. I have a mine on it and I am working the tile but I cannot build paladins. I looked at my cities and iron is not being provided to any of them, despite having a mine and working the tile! Also my units are not upgrading to copper weapons even though I have copper, though it is a resource in my cities. I am at my wits end here, any insight on this iron problem or any further tips on this scenario in general would be much appreciated.

For the resource usage thing, did you remember to hook up your mines with roads to your cities? You won't get stratgeic use of the resource until you do, although you would use the production bonuses. Also note that for Iron, you need Smelteing to reveal the iron, but Iron working to use it as a resource.

Personally, I favored the Overlords over the Order. The primary difficulty in the game is survivnig long enough until you can build up a force that can effectively oppose Sallos. With the priests of the overlords, you can hold the coastlines indefinitely, giving you a stable base of production and if you can maneuver correctly, a big punch for your knockout battles.

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has any tips for this map. I am new to FfH2 in general and I want to play through the scenarios but I just cannot get past this one. I read through this thread and beelined for Fanaticism so I could make paladins and Sphener and take out the Infernals early but it didn't work out too well. I have a source of iron right next to one of my cities that I discovered when smelting was researched. I have a mine on it and I am working the tile but I cannot build paladins. I looked at my cities and iron is not being provided to any of them, despite having a mine and working the tile! Also my units are not upgrading to copper weapons even though I have copper, though it is a resource in my cities. I am at my wits end here, any insight on this iron problem or any further tips on this scenario in general would be much appreciated.

you need iron working tech to have access to iron

There is a typo in the description. It says
"Requires: Successful competion of the Grand Menagerie scenario."

It should say:
"Requires: Successful completion of the Grand Menagerie scenario."

I realize that flavor should follow form, but after beating the Black Tower and thinking about it, the story of this scenario kind of annoys me.

I mean, ok, so Falamar goes into the court of Perpentech to get some ships to replace the ones that he lost at the end of the Grand Menagerie so he can go fight Tebryn. Perpentech makes him play an insane game for the boats.

Except the game seems to involve gifting of entire cities and making these people wage some sort of continental war. Even early on in the scenario, before I was anywhere close to beating Sallos, I had an army that dwarfed what I would start with in the Radiant Guard. Why not just build a few Galleons and leave?

The whole "play a game of Perpentech's" only makes sense if it's cheaper to play along than to build your own ships. Lore wise, it would have made much more sense to have some ritualized combat between the protagonists themselves, or at most some sort of mock empire (this would fit in nicely with Perpentech's insanity) where each man's "Kingdom" encompasses like 20 people. A nastier version of Laser tag or something.

But when you look at the demographics page and see that you have an empire of eleven million people...........

I think of it as smaller in scale than a normal game, and "cities" are more like military outposts, so that you are really in the middle of Perpy's state and can't go anywhere without being destroyed by the normal sized armies.

Yeah, you shouldn't see the scenarios literally like a normal Civ game. I think high populations, Wonders, Heroes and those stuff are present in the scenarios simply to not to break from the regular playability we are all used to.
Of course, if there was a way to keep that and also to keep'em more realistic (lorewise), that would be great.

Well, the scenario has a nice idea, but I found it to be ultra-hard at times. Normally I can beat Monarch at least with FfH, but here I went back to Noble to pass it. This comes from a few aspects:

- The game most of the time starts with all vs. all wars, allowing the Infernals a lot of Manes.
- Then it very quickly switches to "Let's dogpile the Lanun", which isn't fun when the Infernals are so strong. Luckily the Calabim are hardly a factor in the East, but you can be effectively attacked on 2 fronts nonetheless.
- If you don't get Order or Empyrean (or more precisely, their heroes) it's very hard to do anything due to the Mutation - the defenders are just too strong (like 3/7 archers).
- Perpentach is very annoying as he always walks around with units. This sometimes prevents you from using spells like Maelstrom in crucial situations...
- The starting location should generate balanced resources. Horse and thus early Chariots is a big advantage as the tech path leads to Order anyway...

Other than that, nice scenario!

:egypt:

U should use OO, the tsunami spell helps you defending your cities easily. And u can use Maelstrom even if Perp or any other civ is nearby. Just ignore the warning, u cannot cause a war-declaration.same for tsunami. But its true,that the Duke is very strong in this game. He has a good starting location and very weak neighbours with the amurites and the luchuirp. I havent achieved that the Luchuirp survive this yet, they stand no chance aganist the Duke-Deity-Stacks...
I have already completed this scenario but now i wanna retry and let beeri live. Will this count so that i can build his units in the black tower? Or is it too late after completing it first? Anyone knows?

@Imhotep: Spells like maelstrom and tsunami will not declare war on anyone in this scenario so you can beat up Perps units as much as you want with out war.

@schlalex:
Spoiler :
If you have freed Beeri at any time when you receive the city picker event you can choose the Luchurip to control the city.

Cyther, sorry, did not get u :(. So i play it again and help Beerie, so that in the end there are only him, me and Perp. Then he will offer me to stop fighting or so i read. And it will count for the black tower, even if i finished it before without his survive`?

Yeah thx Cyther! Didnt really expect a fan project to be so smart ;)!
Now Tebryn, die to my dwarvs!

I just go with orders and pump out a lot of Crusaders and confessors...I usually just build new units instead of upgrading them because the promotion are all randoms and I don't want to lose too much units..

During mid game the Per makes all CPU declare war on me about 5 times in a roll...I almost got overrun at the eastern side by Duke's units...the other unit are too much as a factor...the Infernals like to use assassin to pick off my mages.

Since there's no gunpowder..it's pretty hard to lay siege to a city.

I think I may have to try this again - got Empyrean, but still got slaughtered by the Infernals - Balors are ouchy with the 5/7 longbows. I was a little annoyed about resources though. I'm assuming it's random but having no mithril, reagents OR gunpowder made it very hard to get anything capable of taking on the infernals.

Try Cultists from OO. The Infernals Capital city lies next to a lake, but CANNOT build naval units. Just go there with 8 Cultists and in a couple of rounds u can take and raze the city, which hurts the Duke a lot!

Top Bottom