SOTD31: The Notsogreat Wall
veBear

SOTD31: The Notsogreat Wall

I was playing around on my own earth map when, funny enough, the Incas built the Great Wall. The result was a small wall across panama as the rest of south America already was under their control.
I built something like that once. I was playing as Japan on RFC, and when I built the great wall, it was two meager tiny walls on the north of the island(s). I guess they must have been seriously thick and high...

Nictel said:
It makes me wonder, if you control an entire island, does the wall turn invisible?

Yeh that happened to me once, i built the great wall, and I had no great wall, just a great great expanse of sea around my capital keeping out all barbarians. :p

Talk about cost overruns...I can imagine the citizenry asking "OK what happened to all those hammers we produced if the wall is that small?"

No, no, no... dont you understand. It's the tallest, thickest and most secure wall in history. So tall that there can not be gueards on it as there will be to little oxygen in the air :p

I'm pretty sure the GW terrain graphic is just that, a graphic. It seems to me when I play that barbarian's never enter my territory at all if I have the GW, even after my territory has expanded beyond the borders of the GW. I don't think the graphic part of it has any function besides looking nifty and demonstrating which civ has built it. Every other wonder puts a building in the city in which it is built. I guess they figured that wouldn't be sufficient for the GW.

Yeah, Inca sucks.:p

And now all shall tremble before the Mighty Great Short Wall!!!:aargh::wallbash::lol:

Media information

Category
Civ4 - Screenshot of the Day
Added by
veBear
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top Bottom