topsecret
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums Resources About

• I forgot to respond to your questions in the orders, didn't I?

Well, sorry about that.

1. Military Orders is who and/or where you want you army to invade. Moving them around for defense also goes there.

2. Misc doesn't usually have anything. I just have it there in case an obscure order doesn't fit.
    You must undo your evil work, and beg Perfection's forgiveness. Until this is done, you shall be at mortal sin.
    Prayer is definitely the best thing for me. If you can scan back on my VMs, it won't take you long to discover in which particular religious affiliation I was raised. :)
    That's entirely your prerogative, of course. Thank you for being polite in your responses. :)
    Well, Hebrews 1:1 simply says that God spoke to various people in the past. The ancients were just as clever as we are today, but they just didn't have access to modern science or its benefits. The Bible says a great many things, many of which can be very comforting, but you simply can't use the Bible to prove that the Bible is infallible, as that's hopelessly circular reasoning.
    I'm familiar with the II Timothy quote, for which the standard response is that having spiritual authority and religious doctrine does not mean that the laws of physics, biology, geology etc. are subordinate to a Bronze Age text, compiled by people who knew none of this.

The Leviticus quote is a wonderful display of double standards, because if you take up that line as the absolute truth, you then have to follow all the other tenets of Mosaic Law as absolute truth (not wearing polyester, not eating shellfish etc.) The Corinthians quote in the article is all very well, but I wish that everyone took such care of themselves, rather than using it solely to condemn homosexuality. There's ten things mentioned there and only one ("effeminate") can possibly relate to homosexuality in any way that doesn't reference heterosexuality as well.

It's a shame that people never reference Jesus talking about homosexuality. They always have to fall back on St Paul or the Old Testament.
    Naturally! I for one am not required to believe in sin, because I was always taught that the Bible is a guide to eternal life and not the absolute truth in those matters.
    Ah. I believe in God, but I support current scientific theory because I do not believe that God would be such an arse as to create a deceptively old universe and everything in it. I also don't believe in Hell or original sin, because I utterly reject the concept of a cruel and mendacious God.
    I take it that you too are a creationist, given that you have a link to ICR in your signature.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom