ReindeerThistle

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey...I mightn't have mentioned but I'm a total Luddite. I have no idea why knowing Sydney radio stations would mean you can connect with me?
    I need moral support rather than anything else. I'll PM you tomorrow, I had started a thread somewhere…
    She just zonked for the night like minutes ago. Which leaves me having to put headphones in my computer and being really quiet for the next 3 hours or so til I go to bed...
    I'll just give a few of the main ones. Unfortunately, the best rock station ever was bought out a few years ago. IT was a mainstay of Kansas City for decades. R.I.P. KY-102 later 99.7KY later betrayed by corporate bastards :(

101.1 KCFX The FOX - Classic Rock AND HOME OF THE CHIEFS!!! They live stream from website.

98.9 The Rock w/Johnny Dare - Hard Rock, also live stream on website

94.1 KFKF - Country. Probably the best overall country station in the city. Horrible website and at quick glance couldn't tell wtf was going on and whether they live stream or not.

106.5 The Wolf - Country. This used to be 61 Country (610 AM, one of the oldest and most powerful signals in the country.) I liked it better when it was on the AM dial. They kinda went pop country more when they moved over to FM.
    I have been dragging my feet on a mediaeval Japan (Sengoku) scenario for quite some time and could use some help.

(I'll meanwhile plod on with the civIII announcements meanwhile)
    From what I've heard you are a trade-skills expert, which is why I invited you to my 'careers without college' group. The purpose of the group is for older, more experienced users (like yourself) to give advise to younger, less experienced users that want to make a decent living without formal college. If you are interested, please consider my invitation.
    Yeah, but the book does not have a hawt Rachel Weise who miraculously always looked just spiffy in a warzone to cuddle up next to!
    Ol' Eddie makes great music, but he always struck me as a rather goofy looking feller!

Oh, Nice new avatar!
    To be honest I don't really do much with the friend feature here. As far as I can tell all it does is put a little red + next to a name when that person is online. But it certainly can't hurt!

Do you ever wind up near Times Square around lunchtime? I'm back from vacation and back to work full time, so lunch is a definite possibility.
    Thanks for the thought. :) Finding contacts is my main thing this week. Networking really is the core of this line of work. The really nice part is because I'm basically creating my own schedule, that will give me more motivation that will carry over.

Maybe I asked before, what kind of non-profit work are you involved in?
    Hey RT,

The triathlon training is starting and halting. In the meantime, I was just hired as "executive director" for the South Dakota Peace & Justice Center. I prefer "lead organizer" or "sole employee" but I'll take what I can. ;) The organization is fairly inactive right now, so hopefully I can get more people in more activities in the next few months. I'll try to contact places like Pace e Bene (Chicago-based) to get some speakers here as well...
    Oh gawd, polka music! I visited my family's old hometowns in Youngstown and west Pennsylvania and all I heard was polka for four days straight. :crazyeye:
    " I guess I picked the right line of work if I evoke such love from the NYPD, PSNY and FBI. "

Don't worry, we at the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy are full of love too. I assure you, you're on our watchlist as well :D
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom