Resource icon

"Battle of Italy 1943-45" v1.0 by Tootall_2012, Updated to Patch 1.3 1.0

Introduction:

In Casablanca, Morocco, in January 1943, Allied leaders decided to use their massive military resources in the Mediterranean, once the Tunisian campaign was completed, to launch an invasion of Italy, which British Prime Minister Winston Churchill called the 'soft underbelly of Europe'.

The objectives were to remove Italy from World War II, secure the Mediterranean Sea and force Germany to divert some divisions from the Russian front and other German divisions from northern France, where the Allies were planning their cross-Channel landing at Normandy, France.

As an absolute precursor to any invasion of the Italian mainland itself, the Allied Combined Chiefs of Staff mandated that the island of Sicily needed to be secured first, so that it could serve as the primary base of operation against Italy. Thus the plans for "Operation Husky", the greatest amphibious invasion of the war to date, were drawn up.

Can you as the Allied Commander of Allied Forces in the Mediterranen quickly conquer the island, bring about the capitulation of Italy and swift conquest of the peninsula? Or will you be stymied by the daunting Axis defenses as were your historical counterparts?

Victory Conditions:
There are a number of ways for the Allied player to win or lose the game.
  • You can win an automatic decisive victory if you control all 28 objective city points; or
  • You can win an a marginal victory if you control 24 objective city points
You can suffer an automatic defeat if you fail to:
  • Capture 14 objective city points by the end of turn 49 (July I, 1944), or
  • Capture 19 objective points by the end of turn 62 (October II, 1944).
Special Note:
I would like to extend a very special note of gratitude to the following:
  • To Prof. Garfield for his lua template projects and for answering my many many technical questions!
  • To Knighttime for his AI ranged munitions, leader bonuses and supply modules!
  • To Fairline for his amazing set of WWII graphics!
  • To civ2units and John Petroski for some of whose ideas I borrowed and customized for this scenario!
  • To Sorfox whose transport module was adapted for use in this scenario!
Requirements:
Civilization 2: Test of Time 1.1
ToTPP v0.184 which can be found here.

Installation:
Extract the archive into your main Test of Time folder
You may download Patch 1.3 found in the development thread post #76.
  • BoI43_SS_1.png
    BoI43_SS_1.png
    718.3 KB · Views: 78
  • BoI43_SS_2.png
    BoI43_SS_2.png
    679.8 KB · Views: 76
  • BoI43_SS_3.png
    BoI43_SS_3.png
    499.8 KB · Views: 76
Author
tootall_2012
Downloads