Resource icon

[BTS Module] Mexico 2016-10-05

Mexico for BTS 3.17

Changelog:
August 6, 2008 - I added a bunch of style units to give Mexico a unique look. I've also added this units to the Aztec Empire since it ruins are located in Mexico today.
Feb 14, 2008 - I've added the Zocalo as a unique building for Mexico.

Leaders:
Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla - (Charismatic & Creative)
Lazaro Cardenas - (Industrious & Financial)

Starting Techs:
Hunting & Agriculture

Unique Units:
C130 Hercules Transport - (Bomber)
Jaguar - (Swordsman)

Style Units: new
Axeman, Maceman, Spearman, Pikeman, Archer, Longbowman, Crossbowman, Chariot, Horse Archer, Knight, War Elephant, Musketman, Rifleman, Grenadier, Cuirassier, Cavalry, Galley, Trireme, Infantry, At Infantry, Sam Infantry, Marine, Machine Gun, Bomber, Jet Fighter, Ancient Warlord, Modern Warlord.

Unique Buildings:
Zocalo - (Colosseum)

Team Color:
Custom Diplomacy Music
Custom Diplomacy Text
Custom Hidalgo & Cardenas Button
Custom Mexican Flag / Button by DWOLF
Green (same green found on Mexico's Flag)

Note:
For the first time ever I've manage to make my own units, it took alot of trial and error but I finally did it. I also did alot of reskinning & recoloring. I recolored the F5E, I added the Aztec Calendar to both the galley & trireme. I reskinned & added a new face paint & helmet to the Marine and I have to say he came out pretty good. I've also added the mexican flag to the Marine / Infantry / Sam Infantry / At Infantry & Machine Gun. I also reworked the Mexican Button since I forgot to add the "Multiply" effect last time around.

I've added new style units for The Mohicans, I played around with bernie14's indian units and I've also made a chariot since there wasn't one with bernie's unit skin. Also I've added "half" support for French / German / Italian / Spanish versions of the game. Now when you load this mod on said language, you will see names & civilopedias in english instead of just being blank.

How To Install:
To install, extract the folder to your mods folder.
I've already set up the folders *Mexico/Assets/Modules/Custom Civilizations/Mexico*, Afterwards you need to go into you BTS configuration file and change 'ModularLoading = 0' to 'ModularLoading = 1

REMEMBER: If you're new to loading mods, you must load the mod when you first start the game, go to advanced and select load mod.

Thanks To:
ModFreak for making the Archer / Axeman / Spearman / Horse Archer. I've used his work to make my own units.
dutchking for making the B-25 Mitchell.
Bakuel for making the Grenadier & Rifleman...I just gave them another skin.
sepamu92 for making the Eagle II for which I use as a base for making my own units.
Chuggi for making the Meso American Galley / Trireme / Marine / Infantry / Musketman / At Infantry / Machine Gun / Warlord / Sam Infantry / The Modern Mexican spy & the Native America War Elephant for which I use to make my own War Elephant.
bernie14 for I used his "Tropicana" xml as the backbone for the "Zocalo" xml. Also I used his Indian units to make my own units. Thanks :)
C.Roland for making the Cardenas & Hidalgo leader heads. Also he made the Villista unit so another thanks to him :)
snafusmith for making the C130 and F5 units.

• mexicounits_9yk.jpg
    mexicounits_9yk.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
Author
DWOLF
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 3 ratings

More resources from DWOLF