1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 Customasset Quick Change 2016-10-05

Civ4 Customasset Quick Change

1. ruff_hi
    I’ve developed a few mods in my time, usually sticking them in the customasset folder. Its quick, its easy and they are in-play with all non-locked games. The one main problem is that I typically end up with lots of mods that I could run under customassets. If I download a mod that I want to test, I have to move my customasset based mod, swap in the new one and load up the game. I usually ended up with multiple customasset folders and keeping track of what was what did get difficult at times. I also got really bored with renaming the folders.

So, I developed a customasset folder naming convention. Then I wrote a silly little VB program to automate the renaming step. Lastly, I created different in-game color themes that enabled me to tell at a glance which mod was in my customasset folder. This is really useful when you are playing a Realms Beyond game and you don’t want your game to end up as a ‘shadow’ because you played a non-approved mod.

Please see the thread for more information or posting comments.