Adds new map icons
Enhances list interface
Fixes bugs and styling
The map tack editor adds many new icons:
All new icons have tooltips, including game effects for districts, improvements, and wonders.
- villages and barbarians
- common unit actions
- great people
Scrollable map pin list
The list dynamically resizes to show up to 15 map tacks, with a scrollbar to manage longer lists. It groups all named locations at the top, followed by all unnamed locations in numerical order.
Bug fixes and restyling
The mod fixes a few base-game bugs and styling problems. It handles large numbers of map tacks without breaking the popup list or causing performance problems. Unnamed markers now sort correctly when there are more than ten. Labels and controls have more consistent alignment and spacing. The mod improves overlapping and stacked icons, so that closer tacks always look closer, and the current player always appears on top in multiplayer.
The Map Tacks mod does not affect saved games, so you can add it to a game in progress or disable it without breaking your game. It overrides any map pin features in other UI mods. Map Tacks is compatible with Unique District Icons, and uses the unique icons for districts.
Map Tacks 3.0.0
Map pin improvements
- Official base game version + optional add-ons Apr 3, 2019
- Minor bugfix for benchmark mode Mar 3, 2019
- Smart editor layout with wonder icons Feb 28, 2019
- Improve tack list layout and scrolling Feb 16, 2019
- Gathering Storm update Feb 14, 2019
- Performance improvements Jun 10, 2018
- Custom localization and new icons Jun 7, 2018
- Compatibility & design update for Rise & Fall expansion Feb 8, 2018