This mod fixes the bug that multiplayer saves would skip a turn when loaded.
There is a save game bug in Civ 5 multiplayer: When you save a game or it gets saved automatically, those saves are broken and will skip 1-2 turns when they are loaded.
This mod fixes this bug by always creating proper saves.
If you are the host, it will create proper auto saves at the start of your turn in the interval specified in the game options and will also delete old auto saves if they exceed the max amount.
Manual saves are also created properly with this mod.
This mod works like a DLC. It works in multiplayer without others having to install it and it doesn't disable achievements. So you can be the only one with this mod and it will still work. The drawback of this is that it needs to be placed in the DLC folder manually.
Auto saves created by this mod are found under the multiplayer save section instead of the auto saves section.
1. Download the mod and extract it
2. Open the Civilization V game installation folder
3. Go into the DLC folder: ".../Sid Meier's Civilization V/Assets/DLC"
4. Copy the extracted folder "MPSaveFix" into that DLC folder
5. Restart Civ 5
There are two minor drawbacks:
- The auto saves created by this mod can't be marked as actual autosaves. This means that they will appear as normal saves in the save file list.
- Every time this mod creates a proper auto save, there will be an extremely short lag at the start of the round. Very rarely, if you move a unit during that lag, it might cause their animation sound to continue playing. This can only be fixed by restarting Civ. But this can be easily prevented by waiting a second at the start of your turn if you are the host. Or disable unit movement.
Please leave a rating if you like this mod!
Multiplayer Save Fix 1.1
Fixes the bug that multiplayer saves would skip a turn when loaded.
- v1.1 - improved save logic Aug 20, 2020