Reasons why Civilization is better than TV

aimeeandbeatles

watermelon
Feel free to add to the list.

1) You actually do something instead of sitting there like a lump
2) No need to wait till a certain hour to play your favourite Civ.
3) Once you buy the game, you don't have to pay a monthly fee (unlike cable)
4) It's educational! (Not to say that some TV isn't, but...)

5) You control whatever is going on... you are god (inapplicable if you're a major movie producer)
6) NO COMMERCIALS!
7) Your parents are more likely to let you play Civ than watch Mega-mutilation part 45 (if such a thing exists, I wouldn't be surprised)

9) If it doesn't end how you like you can reload for an alternate ending.

Hey what's wrong with Spongebob or Lost? (I love em both)

12) You don't "need" to find the remote to play civ.
13) I fall asleep watching TV (Although technically I have fallen asleep doing both.)
14) Civ makes me feel important, TV makes my life seem boring.

17. Civ actually requires skill and encourages improvement. Video games in general are superior to TV, as they carry stories of similar quality (bad games and bad TV shows boast horrible stories, and vice versa) but allow the person to think and interact to affect the outcome. Quite honestly it's hard for me to fathom the widespread approval of TV shows while there is a stigma against gaming (although fortunately games are not as socially taboo as they used to be, there is still much hate on gamers compared to those that watch TV, and it isn't logically explicable).

18. A Tv doesn't backstab you the very crucial moment when you will wage a full scale war to your neighbor.

19. Tv doesn't try to rob you blind with 55 Gp per turn for one lousy fur.

I guess sometimes a Tv is better than Civ :)

18) Civ IV never gets interrupted by a Emergency Bulletin Alert test.
19) There's always Civ on a laptop during a blackout.
20) A good game of Civ never gets canceled after 10 episodes due to low viewers.

Fact- more accurate than the history channel

Fact- studies show it is better for you than TV intellectually as well as physically (recent study- 5 days ago?)

Fact- You get to implement Attacko articles which are like getting the best of Hemmingway and Shakespeare sans the boring parts

Fact- You get to control a little glass menagerie like those brains on Star Trek that had heads that looked like butts.

you can watch Tv while playing Civ!

I do that when soccer/football is on for example.

come to think of it, thats all i watch on TV... well, and the news.

21) You never curse so loud your entire neighborhood hears it after losing a game of Civ, unlike when watching a game of your favorite college football team on TV.

23) If you don't like what is going on in CIV you can WB in nukes. You can't shoot nukes at your TV.

Top Bottom