Playing with aggressive AI option on.

kensington888

Warlord
i thought i would try this option to see what wars there would be.for fun i also tried earth 2 map standard size 18 civs.i am elizabeth and as this starting location is random my 1st city is around turkey/russia.
with aggressive AI on i was hoping not to meet any war mongering civs.i am around the middle of the map and its now 1745 ad.it seems like the redcoats are saving the day.i am bordering catherine the west and montezuma to the east who is now vassal to ragner who he borders.shaka is also bordering catherine to the west.all game i have constantly been at war.
ragner also vassled the french who border my north.most civs are jewish so to make it a challenge i founded and adopted christinity.i am now at war with 7 civs after making catherine a vassal and taking her best cities.
constant war is tough and i seem like i can only build redcoats and now cannons.i am being attacked from every direction moving my units all over my territory.i think i got a bad set of neighbours after turning aggressive AI on.has anyone used this.makes this game different.

Hmm, when I turn it on I usually dont get too much change. Maybe a few more wars between the AI's now and then, but nothing major.

Sounds like you should beeline for Artillery and mass produce those. They are effective against most any unit until Cavalry.

I would disagree with you, Herobrine. Artillery can't kill other units, which makes them only usable for sieges and breaking sieges. I would go for Rifling, and then straight to Assembly Line.

What? Artillery can kill other units. They have the ability to destroy defenses as well, but they certainly can kill other units. In fact, I have a game going where most of my army is Artillery and I conquered Europe with them.

Maybe it depends on which expansion you have. I have the Warlords expansion.

EDIT: And he already has Rifling, otherwise he wouldn't be able to use Redcoats. (Redcoats are the English equivalent of Riflemen)

In vanilla and Warlords siege can kill enemy units. They changed it in BTS so that siege can only diminish the enemy's strength but not kill them.

What? Artillery can kill other units. They have the ability to destroy defenses as well, but they certainly can kill other units. In fact, I have a game going where most of my army is Artillery and I conquered Europe with them.

Maybe it depends on which expansion you have. I have the Warlords expansion.

EDIT: And he already has Rifling, otherwise he wouldn't be able to use Redcoats. (Redcoats are the English equivalent of Riflemen)

Yeah, I realized the Redcoats, I was just giving him future advice. And I was assuming that he has BTS, which seems to be the most commonly played form of CIV.

Top Bottom