[1.0.0.38] 4 civs were missing - religious victory didn't trigger in time

razmog

Chieftain
Hi,

TL;DR
1/ after converting captured cities to my religion I sold them back to get the religious victory, but it didn't trigger after 2 more turns
2/ It was a map for 8 civs, 4 of them simply didn't appear on the map. I can check with the replay graphics they are listed, but they did nothing even unit loss

Just finished (was really hard due to the outrageous number of crashes I had) this game. 8 map civs, standard speed, standard size, continents, deity.

I won with religious victory, wasn't really planning for that but due to getting crashes when capturing many cities, I stopped trying domination.

At first, I was surprised to get a religion altogether at the beginning of the game, then I finally understand why!

4 civs never appeared! So the number of prophet were above the number of remaining civs!

Anyhow, after I got my prophet I wanted to test all the stuff with religion.

Finally I came in front of the indian capital, I took 3 cities (on like 12 he had). After X crashed, I made peace, and ask him some cities, I was pleased to see I just give me 6 cities plus all the money, resources and gpt.

I then thought that I may quickly win a religious victory, my religion was already spread on the 2 others civs. Just missing India. I simply use a couple of inquisitor to spread my religion on those newly acquired cities, then sell them back.

I took me 2 turns to do so.

The turn I sold them, the religious victory didn't trigger, even though the religious score was showing I've got 4/4 civs.

I was quite disappointed and after 2 turns (so end of the current turn, then 2 more turns) I was happy to see the victory screen.

my god never get so much issues with a game before.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-12-21 à 19.28.20.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-12-21 à 19.28.20.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 91
  • AutoSave_0240.Civ6Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
  • AutoSave_0001.Civ6Save
    319 KB · Views: 43
The delay in getting the religious victory is very strange. I suspect that there may be some hidden requirement for religious victory. The delay may have something to do with giving the cities back after the Inquistors are done with them. There might be a minimum no. of turns of ownership, before the religious victory is triggered. More likely it is simply the symptom of a bug.

So, maybe you want to try patch 1.0.0.56. The game might be more stable now.

Top Bottom