1.16 France - strategic guide

What do you mean with "you are Rome" ?
Do you mean a game from 3000BC as Romans?
Or do you mean a player owns the city of Rome?

Ah that makes sense, I’ve held off on taking Naples/whatever southern Italian city, that was what was doing it. Thanks!

I thought the Italian spawn was changed to a forced spawn (as in, they always spawn) in a recent-ish update.

Has anyone ever managed the UHV on the 1700 AD map? The first one (Paris with Legendary :culture:) is done for you but conquering 40% of Europe and North America in just one century seems very difficult/impossible.

Has anyone ever managed the UHV on the 1700 AD map? The first one (Paris with Legendary :culture:) is done for you but conquering 40% of Europe and North America in just one century seems very difficult/impossible.
That sounds like a massive Napoleon Challenge. How long do you have? 15-30 turns?

33 (technically 34 if you count the last one I guess) turns on Normal, 5 of which where you can't declare war on anyone (you can still take Rome if you manage to get Open Borders with Austria).

After testing, it's actually possible to win the second UHV on normal speed, though you do need to be lucky with combat odds (I savescummed a bit, not as much as I expected - either you get momentum in the first turns of war or you'll fail, it feels like). I went:

1) Rome,
2) Austria (vassalized after taking Milan),
3) Spain (never vassalized even after taking all of their core cities - they gave San Juan in a peace treaty),
4) England (vassalized after taking London),
5) Prussia (vassalized after taking Frankfurt and Berlin).

Poland friendly-vassalized on its own, pushing me above 50%. I actually feared I wouldn't get the North America one.

I'll test another day if I can survive that absurd overexpansion score.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG