1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1.23 Released!

Discussion in '[MAC+WIN] Civ4 - History Rewritten' started by Xyth, Aug 3, 2015.

1. rsab

rsab Warlord

I'm playing on max resolution: 1200x800

2. Alexej

Alexej Prince

I got some python exceptions when entering city where religion just spreaded. I was unable to click ok and needed to stop civ ctrl+alt+del :( Also cities set to priorize growth arent choosing right plots for growing.
    It was during religious anarchy if that helps

Attached Files:

• sad.jpg
      sad.jpg
      File size:
      491.3 KB
      Views:
  3. Nightstar

Nightstar Prince

That's because the anarchy is setting cultural output to zero, which is in turn causing a divide-by-zero error. This will currently happen *any* time you try to open the city screen for a city with no cultural output (regardless of exact cause).

See Xyth's answer to my post on the previous page.

4. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Sure, had feeling that I was reading about similar report and answer too, but was in hurry to check, so apologies and good to know its nothing gamebreaking because I had great start :)

5. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Here's a single file fix you can use in the meantime. It goes in /History Rewritten/Assets/Python/Screens/.

Attached Files:

6. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Thanks for fix, will it break save?

7. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

It won't break saved games.

8. Simon_Jester

Simon_Jester Prince

This may be an obvious question but does 1.23.3 break saves from 1.23? I haven't updated since then.

9. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

I'm unable to check, but it should be okay.

10. Nightstar

Nightstar Prince

A handful of minor (mostly cosmetic) issues I've noticed:

The Preservation tenet is also granting bonus Faith for natural wonders and the Olympic Games. (I can't tell if this one is a feature or a bug, though.)

On the 'Modifiers' line of the Great People progress bars, the :gp: symbol will be misaligned if the percentage bonus reaches three digits.

I noted these last two in previous versions and haven't been able to confirm whether they are still present or not:

The loading screen hint about mitigating the negatives of Corporations still refers to the 'Environmentalism' civic rather that 'Sustainability'.

Unlike other natural wonders, what I believe to be Eisriesenwelt is not listed as such on the tile description.

Attached Files:

11. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Feature.

Yeah, that happens because I've used tabs for the alignment. I can't create aligned columns in tooltips. I'll reword each line to avoid the problem, e.g. "+4:gp: from Wonders (2)"

Will fix.

BTS hardcodes mountains in a number of ways. Assumes they can't have features and therefore doesn't even check for natural wonders when generating the tooltip. Same reason why it calls it a 'Peak' despite my having renamed them Mountains most everywhere else. At least that's what I think is happening here.

12. Nightstar

Nightstar Prince

Hmm. Looking in the Civilopedia, while there are plenty of mountain-type natural wonders, only Eisriesenwalt and Mount Everest are actually listed as having Peak/Mountain base terrain. And at least on the Huge Earth map, Everest is actually placed on Tundra terrain! Which explains why it's only Eisriesenwalt that has the Peak-related display problem.

Maybe its base terrain could be fudged the same way Everest's has been?

13. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

It's done that way because of the art. Everest model replaces the peak on the tile but the Eisriesenwelt model attaches to the existing peak.

14. Skidizzle

Skidizzle Gameshow Host

Started playing last week, excellent work!

I hit a snag immediately though, tried to open a custom map with the 40civ.dll (windows only.) It would crash to desktop every time I started to think it was no longer compatible... and I found the problem!

..But Civfanatics won't let me upload the saved 7z maps file because it thinks I've already uploaded it? I tried renaming the file and that didn't help.

Too bad because I updated the Earth huge map with Atolls, edited the Caribbean and SE Asia archipelagos and buffed a Polynesian start location.

Anyway

I built the Colosseum, have a trade network with Rome. Built a catapult and got.. a catapult. I was expecting a Ballista because the pedia states it's a replacement for it. Peeved, I went into worldbuilder to fix the injustice and the Ballista wasn't on the unit list??

Smaller things

Tooltip hover texts for resources on the map, could they list the different ways they're effected by tenets? You'd avoid a lot of new players wondering what happened to their marble/stone.

Also I think the tool tip for monasteries doesn't state that you can only have 1 per 4 temples. What's weird is that the building option disappears from the list instead of greying out, I tried building them all at once and wondered why only one actually built.

Does the city screen show what religions are in the city anymore? Maybe I'm missing it.

Natural Wonders, they have the nice splash screen when I find them but could they tell me what they offer/effect? Am I just not leaving it open enough for it to show? Also, the show all resources toggle. Could Natural wonders be shown like that with the bubble?

BUG gives up notifications when a city is about to get too unhealthy or unhappy, could there be a notification for when a city will move to a new dissent level on the next turn? That way the new guys can know to evacuate the city before they lose a stack of doom.

The pacing seems to be on point. The first big civil wars are starting around turn 300 (epic) and this game is getting exciting!

15. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Some more Civil war python errors, repeating Civ Destroyed as usual :(

Attached Files:

• Logs.7z
      File size:
      14.8 KB
      Views:
  16. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

I'm out of town this week, so all responses are made without being able to check my code.

I presume you're referring to adding more than 18 civ entries at the top of the map file. Bear in mind that doing that breaks the map for anyone playing without the DLL which is why I do not include such a change myself.

No idea, might have to contact a moderator. Alternatively you can host it on some other site and post a link. But if you've made the changes while using the 40 civ DLL I won't be able to use them anyway. (Deleting the extra civ entries isn't enough - tile reveal info for each player and other such info also gets saved by Worldbuilder and is a real pain to edit out).

The Colosseum only works on certain types of units. Melee, Archery, and Mounted from memory. Check the pedia.

Yeah it doesn't list other civs' UUs for the selected player. I don't remember if there's a toggle for that behaviour, I'd have to check when I get home.

Unfortunately I cannot add new info to tool tips that come from hovering over tiles or objects on the game map.

I'm still trying to figure out how to best modify build queue tool tips. There's a fair bit of info like this that I need to add to them but doing so via my usual method breaks Alt-click and Ctrl-click functionality.

Not sure if I can make them grey out instead of disappear but I'll take a look.

Yes they're in the top left corner of the city map. Only present religions appear. Present corporations appear in the top right corner.

I meant to add that info but never got around to it. Can revisit.

I think Platyping achieved this in his Natural Wonders mod via a keybind, which presumably means that adding or using an existing button wasn't possible. I'll take a look at his code and see.

Yeah I can probably do that. The chance of a Civil War happening in the same turn that a city becomes Rebellious is low but it is possible (I think, will have to double check).

Stink, thought I might have squashed that bug for good. I'm out of town at the moment so I won't be able to take a look till the weekend. Keep a copy of your logs folder and a saved game, in case I need them.

17. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Ah the dreaded "RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception". These are a pain to solve. I've found what might be the cause, but I can't be sure without a saved game. Do you still have it?

18. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Sure, here they are :)

Attached Files:

19. Nightstar

Nightstar Prince

First, a couple of minor cosmetic issues:

One, the Great General progress bar is still disabled during Anarchy (though thankfully the actual meter still fills properly).

Two, it appears that if a city generates exactly 10 Culture per turn, the number of turns to the next threshold isn't displayed (as shown in the first two screenshots).

And now something a bit more serious: The remaining five screenshots are of a series of Python Exceptions that occurred near the end of the Medieval era. Also note the in-game error messages in the background of the first of these.

Attached Files:

20. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

I keep forgetting to fix that. Done now.

No idea what happened, but the code for the culture bar got rather messed in 1.23.1 or 1.23.2. Several lines missing, several lines with wrong indentation. Have now rewritten it.

Does this re-occur when you reload the game? If so, please post the saved game and your logs folder.