1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1.52 Patch Available

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by mercurycs, Dec 22, 2005.

1. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

When it's ready :D

2. blue3c

blue3c Warlord

I am sure it not the fact that I quit smokig again today that has me on edge. So could that be why I am wanting to say thats not an answer. Oh my god what is going on. Psst..... anyone have a smoke.

3. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

That's the best answer you can get.

4. Herocrafter

Herocrafter Chieftain

Psst.... wanna smoke

5. Harkonnen

Harkonnen Prince

Pssst.... smoking (who said I'm evil?)

6. Maxor127

Maxor127 Warlord

I get crashes during the late game years on huge maps. That's about the only problem I have. Especially when I zoom out to planet view.

7. Zayer

Zayer Chieftain

I just got the game. I am playing it on my sony vaio and it seems to work fine with the new patch. But did the patch make the units not appear as 3 figures? Ever since i installed the patch all my units show up as one. is that because i am using a computer with the bear minimum specs or is that they way they wanted to change it?

8. Harkonnen

Harkonnen Prince

Zayer
    1.52 resets all settings to default (like 1.09 did). Just turn off "single unit graphics" in graphics options.

9. Aeon221

Aeon221 Lord of the Cheese Helmet

Heres a list of the error messages I get during init XML (uncached):

There are more siblings than memory allocated for them in CvXMLLoadUtility::SetVariableListTagPair
    Current XML file is GameInfo/CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml

Tag: GAMESPEED_MARATHON in Info class was incorrect. Current XML file is: GameInfo/CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml

I get these two error messages six times each while loading. Sometimes I get to see an intro commercial, but most of the time it crashes before that.

(and yes, I am posting this everywhere, and yes I emailed tech support... its been a while)

10. eddiebluedevil

eddiebluedevil Chieftain

so is the patch worth getting?

11. blue3c

blue3c Warlord

Its a mixed bag. Some say yes some say no. I had problems with 1.52, but with 1.09 and harks little patch I was able to play. Its all in what you think is acceptable game play. :goodjob:

12. rmac

rmac Chieftain

Late stage crashes. Not good so long after release. This game is sadly unplayable.

13. Sisonpyh

Sisonpyh Prince

When the expansion comes out.

14. marioflag

marioflag History Addict

Sadly to say but probably people will have to pay for the next patch (if they want really pay for this):mad:

15. JanusTalaiini

JanusTalaiini Prince

Didn't they say something about releasing the files that would fix that China scenario "when everyone got back from the holidays"? Did they mean Easter?

16. Sisonpyh

Sisonpyh Prince

Why give away content when you can charge for it, right?

17. BuzMack

BuzMack Chieftain

Here's a question I haven't seen raised. In the readme for patch 1.52 there's this interesting line:
    -Created a set of low-res movies for machines without dynamic texture support (this is a separate download)

So where the heck is this separate download available from? The system I game on does not (and will never) have internet connectivity... which means I need to download on a separate box.

Anybody?

Buz

18. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Prince

@BuzMack I asked this same question a couple of months ago, and Thamer from Firaxis answered that it would come available after the patch.

This would then probably be downloadable from the 2k-site, or here at civfanatics.

19. BuzMack

BuzMack Chieftain

Thanks Michelangelo.

Although, "after the patch" is pretty vague... since 1.52 has been out since December.

I presume that means "after the patch but before the universe ends. Probably" :) Perhaps Firaxis needs some more people doing QA and proofreading?

Buz

20. blue3c

blue3c Warlord

You know what I find funny. I stated a very long time ago that the patch the will make the game playable, will be in the expansion pack. Funny how you will now have to pay for this next POS. Which I believe will cause more problems. Funny how it works. 1.52, they promised low res movies. Shortly after 1.52 they had several options available that improved game play. Yet they are now sitting on them and including them only in the expansion. I love checking back here every few weeks to see how many more suckers they get. WOO HOO!