1.52 Patch Available

blue3c said:
You know what I find funny. I stated a very long time ago that the patch the will make the game playable, will be in the expansion pack. Funny how you will now have to pay for this next POS. Which I believe will cause more problems. Funny how it works. 1.52, they promised low res movies. Shortly after 1.52 they had several options available that improved game play. Yet they are now sitting on them and including them only in the expansion. I love checking back here every few weeks to see how many more suckers they get. WOO HOO!

Good to know you're enjoying yourself

I couldnt belive it was true finaly they made this game playable no connection problems and good solutions to everything!!! but then they just had to use their fingers a bit too much.. and change the balance in the game by removing wood cutting
:mad: :mad: :mad:

ok they didnt remove it, they just made it so poor its not worth using at all but they might as well have removed it

I dont mind if they change it and try to make the game more balanced, to do so it would take several patches and with time it will get better and better

but right now its like this, if you dont have any food prod in cap you will get way too far behind sience you can slave rush whatever you need fast enough
building worker/settlers now when NOT cutting down wood to rush them will prevent cities from not growing

therefore you will research slower, everything will take longer to build.. and if you have an emergency at start lets say you do the regular warrior / worker / slave worker start.. you cant rush another unit with that worker by cutting down wood and to make it even better, these warriors are even cheaper now!!!! will anyone dare building a worker on a 1v1 duel map? fine maby, once cap is lvl 8 using all forrest squares
:mad: :mad: :mad:

if you convert this and say, instead of this change.. you give all warrior a two squares movement instead of one, it would be pretty much the same sience stuff takes longer to build units will move longer before they are
completed, ok i explained that a bit wierd maby some smart guy might figure it out what im trying to explain

to get this effect, you could simply change the gamespeed to slow, instead of normal.. or quick
even games with gamespeed: quick will take ages to play now in ladder u gonna have to change this freak from 120 turn to 180 turn game to get as far as before

this game is simply not worth playing any more, just when it got some potential..

I KNOW :cry: GREENPEACE:cry: HAVE SOMETHING WITH THIS TO DO... BUT ME GHANDI DONT GIVE A DAMN SHOOT THESE GREEN BASTARDS

loaded1mbimage said:
this game is simply not worth playing any more, just when it got some potential..

Maybe you should set it aside until your 12th birthday and by then you'll have a more mature attitude.

This thread needs to be locked and slide away, new subject matter keeps inserting itself in it now its been unpinned and it keeps bumping the thread...

and since I had to bump the tread to inform others of this I'll take the opportunity to say hi to my mom over the internet...

Hi Mom!

hi there,
i downloaded the 1.52 patch in order to fix the problems in the civ 4 game. when i try to install it, an error message is appeared saying "the setup has detected that no version of Sid Meyer's Civilization 4 is installed. this update requires that a previous version of this application be installed".
what does this mean? is the patch unable to find the installed game, or do i need the 1.09 patch, or what??
i'd really appreciate it if someone helped me.
Thank you!

That mean that games doesn't detect Civ4 installed at all.
None of the patyches require previous ones.

Also, you should probably go for 1.61 patch instead, since it's the latest.

roei1987 said:
hi there,
i downloaded the 1.52 patch in order to fix the problems in the civ 4 game. when i try to install it, an error message is appeared saying "the setup has detected that no version of Sid Meyer's Civilization 4 is installed. this update requires that a previous version of this application be installed".
what does this mean? is the patch unable to find the installed game, or do i need the 1.09 patch, or what??
i'd really appreciate it if someone helped me.
Thank you!

I have the civ 4 ripped version and I can't seem to apply the patch too and im getting the same error.. seems like the patch only works with the full installed game... or not... if anyone has a ripped version of civ 4 and successfully applied the patch, pls help us.. I really wanna play this game! thanks!

Moderator Action: Nobody here will be helping you. Piracy is against our forum rules. JUST BUY THE GAME. --Padma
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

ooooppppssss.... my apologies..I cant seem to get my hands on a legit one.. well thanks anyway and godbless..

They have many copies online. Where do you live? Cus if you're in the US you could just go on like Amazon.com and buy a copy there.

Arthas777 said:
I have the civ 4 ripped version and I can't seem to apply the patch too and im getting the same error.. seems like the patch only works with the full installed game... or not... if anyone has a ripped version of civ 4 and successfully applied the patch, pls help us.. I really wanna play this game! thanks!

Moderator Action: Nobody here will be helping you. Piracy is against our forum rules. JUST BUY THE GAME. --Padma
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

hi,
what was wrong with my download of the patch was that i downloaded the file of "digital distribution"... make sure the file you download is an ordinary one, and not a digital distribution file....
hope this helps you.
good luck :)

Top Bottom