(1-NS) Change Where Wonder Projects Appear in Production queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyG

Deity
The hurry ability, which allows you to build wonders/buildings faster by using a great engineer, should also apply to the citizen earth protocol, the wonder that allows you to win the game via tourism.

It isn't obvious that this isn't available and intuition suggests that it should be. It is the only thing in the wonders part of the queue that you cannot apply a great engineer to.

I propose that the 4 'projects' (Apollo Program, Manhattan Project, Citizen Earth Protocol and Public Works) be moved to display in the processes tab instead of wonders, to clarify how these works.

Last edited:
I was under the impression it was considered a project.

I was under the impression it was considered a project.
In game wiki lists it as a wonder:
Spoiler Pic :

20221003170231_1.jpg

But it is under the sub-category of projects, which also includes Public Works, Apollo Program and Manhattan Project. These also cannot be used with a great engineer it turns out, and also had their cost massively increased at some point. My view would be that those should all be eligible for great engineers too, for the same reasons.

When I think 'project' I think of stuff like World Fair and Treasure Fleet, that can be built in multiple cities, but it turns out these are 'international projects' so a different category.

The CEP is a project. Probably to specifically avoid GEs from being able to bulb it.

I'm personally against this proposal; I think you should have to build your game-winning wonder etc, in the same way that Science victory can't bulb GEs on their spaceship parts.

The exception I could see is if unlocking GE bulbs on the CEP and other national projects was unlocked by a policy, like the spaceship parts are. I don't think this ability should be default.

If no Great Engineers on these projects is the intended method, I'll withdraw my suggestion.

Could I make a follow up proposal to have these 4 projects not listed under the wonders tabs of the production queue, instead under the processes tab, which is where the international projects appear. Then it is listed alongside other things which also cannot use great engineers. This doesn't affect the balance of anything but would, in my view, make the distinction between a wonder and a project much more clear.

Making it part of an ideological tenet could be cool too (this is also a good way to communicate that you normally cannot use them).

Last edited:
Could I make a follow up proposal to have these 4 projects not listed under the wonders tabs of the production queue, instead under the processes tab, which is where the international projects appear. Then it is listed alongside other things which also cannot use great engineers. This doesn't affect the balance of anything but would, in my view, make the distinction between a wonder and a project much more clear.
You can amend your proposal and this is a valid suggestion, yes.

Proposal failed due to lack of sponsorship on October 19, 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom