1000 Clues You Play Civ IV Too Much

1093) You aren't posting on this thread only because you think it should have been closed when we reached 1,000

Gee, who could you be talking about...:mischief:
In my defence, I've been low on ideas.

1122) You missed the New Years Eve Ball Drop, because you were playing civ.
1123) People often tell you that they are worried about you.
1124) You posted in this thread at all
1125) You've joined the Facebook group for Civ.
1126) You don't get the concept of a social life.
1127) You are writing/have written a Civ story or tale.(see my sig for mine!!!)
1128) You have a playlist on you iTunes account titled "Civ Music."
1129) You've ever gone looking in your progam files for Civ music.
1130) You've done that more than once.
1131) You can play civ music on an instrument (I can play some of Izzy's intro on bass guitar)
1132) You think playing civ should be required by law.
1133) You think that lions, bears, panthers, pigs, cows, elephants, sheep, horses, fish, crabs, clams, and camels are hte only animals that exist.
1134) When you can't sleep, you think about strategies for you latest civ game.
1135) You got anything civ related for Christmas.

Yes. If you do a search under find friends for "Civilization IV," and hit "all results," there should be a group for called "Civilization IV" The group's website is listed as civfanatics.com.

Wow - all good but you saved the best for last on #19 and 20, Eclipse. And thanks blackrabbit for #54, 55 and 56. (I think I got 'it'),

I'm a little late entering this and I only looked at the first page, but I think we are at

#1136 When you look at pictures in a history book you wonder what combat rating and promotions the illustration would have in your campaign.
#1137 You are waiting for an audio CD entitled "Civilization's greatest hits".
#1138 You tell stories about old Civilization campaigns you played as if you were a general around the campfire. .....Oh, I just did.
#1139 You stay up all night putting screenshots on your facebook.
#1140 You believe Churchill had an affair with Cleopatra, and the Great Wall starts in Paris.

#1141 You are looking for a Valetines gift for Catherine... and you expect her to be VERY appreciative.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot

#1141 Your cat has given up trying to get attention, and now stares blankly at the computer screen as little men run around on it.

1143) You put Baba Yetu as ringtone at your cell phone.

1143. You think all villiages were originally cottages.
1145. You wonder why 20-year old cottages haven't turned into villiages, and 40-year old cottages don't turn into towns.

Pretty good for some late entries - IgorS. These were my favorite.

1099: You don't go to the elections because you don't know how to add a new leader.
1101: You are upset at your government because there is no Colosseum in your city.
1102: You think Caesarea is the cleanest city in Israel, because unlike others it has an aqueduct.
1106: You think that if Israel and Syria make peace they will exchange world maps.
QUOTE]

1146. You tell your arch enemy their head belongs on a pole.

Has already been said, don't expect you to have read all 35 pages though...

1147.) When someone says "just plain great" you immediately disagree and say plains suck.

They were Conquistadors, of corse.

1149) You pull up the leader heads, and tell them about your problems.
1150) 90% of these problems are civ induced.

1151) since you can circle around the world by keeping going north, you conclude that the world must be donut-shaped.

1152) You think China was idiot since one Cho-Ko-Nu and one Pikeman can easily beat five Keshiks
1153) You agree with Sid Meier that Mongols are not barbs, since they passed the Great Wall.

1154) you think of Sid Meier as a spiritual guide "Snacks are good in moderation."

They were Conquistadors, of corse.

1149) You pull up the leader heads, and tell them about your problems.
1150) 90% of these problems are civ induced.

Interesting you should mention that. I always felt that Conquistadors should have appeared as a unique explorer unit with an arquebusier, pikeman, and cavalier. They would have a 50% bonus against barbarians and have the special ability to attack cities. It wasn't like large parties of knights took part in the exploration and early conquest of the new world.

1151) You try to rewrite history according to Civ rules.

PS It was really the Tercios (sword and buckler men - later pikes and muskets) that were Spain's most famous soldiers, and should be their unique unit.

1152. You pray to Sid Meier that Flouzemaker returns (author of Gilgamesh's Court, Suleiman's Harem, and Pacal's (Ball) Court).

Top Bottom