+15% production towards ancient & classical wonders not working

Happiness

Chieftain
My city produces 18 production (pdt) as after one turn it shows 18/90. Then, I change policy from "+1 pdt in all cities" to "+15% pdt towards ancient & classical wonders". So without the +1 pdt old policy, my city actually produces 17 pdt. Then with the +15% pdt new policy, I expect to get 17 x 1.15 = 19.55 pdt. But no, I still get only 18 pdt, because after another turn it shows 36/90.

Also, under "View Reports", the amount of production doesn't change when I change from producing a Wonder to producing a settler. This shouldn't be since the +15% pdt is only for wonders and not for settlers. Anyone knows what's going on?

Another question:
Does production roll over to the next item?

Production does overflow.

Can you post a save file showing the wonder production bonus glitch?

I started building Hanging Gardens at this turn, turn 26. Under "View Reports", the city production is +16.8.

At turn 27, you will have the chance to change policy. Also, you will see the wonder is 18/90 completed. Under "View Reports", the city production is +18.9 before changing policy. I have no idea why it increases from +16.8 to +18.9 even though the breakdown is the same at {palace +2, worked tiles +12 and amenities +1.3}. (EDIT: I guess it's because of French's special ability of +20% pdt towards wonders?) After changing policy to "+15% pdt towards ancient & classical wonders", the city production drops to +17.8. No idea why too.

At turn 28, you will see the wonder is 36/90 completed.

EDIT: At turn 26, the city production under "View Reports" is +16.8 both before I select building the wonder and after. So I believe the "View Reports" is not updated when I change the item to build, but it is updated when I change policies. A rather odd design imho.

My calculations of the city production
City pdt without policy = +16.8-1 (due to +1 pdt from old policy) = +15.8
City pdt without policy when building wonders = +15.8 x 1.2 (French's bonus) = +18.96

But to get the production under old policy, we should add back the +1 pdt from the old policy, giving us +19.96.

And the production under new policy should be +18.96 x 1.15 = +21.804 (or +15.8 x 1.35 = +21.33 if the French's bonus and the policy bonus don't multiply)

Attachments

• CATHERINE DE MEDICI 26 2000 BC.Civ6Save
    567.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
You shouldn't get any bonus to building the Hanging Gardens as France, as their bonus only applies to Medieval/Renaissance/Industrial Era wonders.

I can't look at the save at the moment but a spontaneous guess would be that it's an Industrial City State that gives you a +2 bonus towards wonders/districts/buildings with +5/+10% from amenity bonuses?

In either case percentage bonuses from policies never seems to be reflected in the actual numbers presented, easy to check with bonuses towards military unit or settler/builder production. That said these bonuses do work as long as you check on the build completion time rather than the actual production value.

In either case percentage bonuses from policies never seems to be reflected in the actual numbers presented, easy to check with bonuses towards military unit or settler/builder production. That said these bonuses do work as long as you check on the build completion time rather than the actual production value.

But the number presented drops (seen within the turn) from +18.9 to +17.8 when I change policy. Any idea why?

If I change policy in turn 27, do I get the bonus from the new policy at the end of turn 27 or at the end of turn 28? Logically I would guess it's at the end of turn 27, but the numbers don't add up. The build progress bar in turns 27, 28 and 29 shows 18/90, 36/90 and 57/90 with the corresponding production numbers (at the end of turns 26, 27 and 28) at +16.8, +17.8 and +17.8 and with policies (at the end of turns 26, 27 and 28) at +1 pdt, +15% wonders pdt and +15% wonders pdt respectively.

Build completion time is the same at 5 turns (turns 26 to 30) no matter whether I change policy to +15% wonders pdt at turn 27 or not.

Last edited:
I've had the chance to look at your save file now.

Loading the game I see you've just switched to building the Hanging Gardens as it's selected for production, a plot has been chosen but you have no progression towards the wonder. The shown production is 18.9 production/turn. You have an Industrial city state providing 2 production towards the wonder and I imagine that if it showed 16.8 before you had probably just produced an unit or something else which does not get that bonus.

The Hanging Gardens requires 90 production on your game speed, which means ~5 turns at 18.9 production a turn. However, it's also ~5 turns at 17.8 production when you account for a 15% bonus, as well as at 18.9 with the same. The only way to get a different build time, in this case 6 turns as opposed to 5, it to reduce your production/turn and not get the 15% bonus.

I switched to building a Library and passed the turn.

Next turn I tried the 15% towards Ancient/Classical wonders and switched back to Hanging Gardens. Build time was 5 turns and the shown production was 17.8 production/turn (as I lost the 1 production/city bonus). Passing the turn gave me 20/90 production completed, which is correct once you factor in the (not shown) 15% bonus.

Reloading and instead selecting a policy that doesn't factor in any production bonus (such as the reduced cost of purchasing tiles or whatever) while switching back to the Hanging Gardens gave me a 6 turn completion time.

The bonus seems to be working, it's just not shown in the city production breakdown and in this particular case the 15% bonus and the flat +1 production/turn both end up resulting in you completing the Hanging Gardens in 5 turns.

The save file seems to be from a slightly older build of 1.0.0.26 though (the one I'm on is 221715 and the save says 143190) and I have no idea whether or not that makes any difference.

Thanks! Yes the 15% bonus does work.

I just realized the detailed breakdown of the production can be assessed by mousing over the production icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen after clicking the city.

But the game is still poorly designed imho when the 15% bonus is not added into the production number shown, as this may cause some confusion over the number of turns to completion.

But the game is still poorly designed imho when the 15% bonus is not added into the production number shown, as this may cause some confusion over the number of turns to completion.
Agreed, percentage bonuses not showing up is a recurring source of confusion.

That said I'd rank it fairly low as a priority of things to fix, as the bonus is actually working as intended unlike many other things. :)

Top Bottom