1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

1512-1701 (An Odessy!)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Aeon221, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Aeon221

Aeon221 Lord of the Cheese Helmet

These are the final ship anims. Once I round up the creator names, we will have finished with the ships. I am going to close up all the SF units next.

Carrack- Cog
    Great Carrack- Standard Carrack Anim
    Galleas- Galleass Common
    Invasion Barge- Fluyt

Flag Galleon- Numenor
    Bulk Galleon- Standard Galleon Anim

Race Built- Golden Hind
    Privateer- Standard Privateer (resize to make smaller)

SoL1- Heavy Frigate
    SoL2- Clipper
    SoL3- Corvette
    Frigate- Standard Anim (resize to make smaller)
    Brig- Sloop-2

Heavy Galleas- Heavy Galleas
    Barge- Fluyt
    Pirate- Corsair 3
    Caravel Latina- Standard Caravel Anim

Junk- Junk
    Barge- Tonkang
    War Junk- Baode
    Pirate- Corsair 1

2. pinktilapia

pinktilapia Homeless

I will get that done this week and mail it to you :)

3. Aeon221

Thank you very much Pink!

Meanwhile I am trying to survive exams. I get done on friday, travel saturday. Expect some more graphics uploads and a playtest in HOPEFULLY two weeks.

I just have to do some intensive adding in that time. I hope to be able to find graphics for the buildings, but if not I will just use defaults.

4. pinktilapia

pinktilapia Homeless

My pleasure :), I look forward to play the beta, although I will have little time to do that in-depth...

5. Gunner

Gunner Chieftain

Aeon???? Just wondering what has been happening with the scenario.

6. Olorin0222

Olorin0222 Maia

same here, gunner...

As for me, it was midterms last week, but now it's Spring Break [party]

I will try and finish up those LH pcx's this week. Anything else anyone would like me to do?

7. Gunner

Gunner Chieftain

Eh, I've still got two more weeks till spring break.

8. Diablo II

Diablo II Chieftain

hmmm. looks great

9. Olorin0222

Olorin0222 Maia

As far as I know, this project has been put on hold for a while. Aeon has not posted here in almost a month, and hasn't been on CFC for over two weeks. I know he was getting swamped with school, so maybe we can get this up and running again once the school year begins to wind down

BTW, Welcome to CFC! :wavey:

10. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

Aeon, are you still alive?

11. Olorin0222

Olorin0222 Maia

Checking his profile, he hasn't been on since March 13...

I'm considering taking this project over after testing is done on LotM, as long as no one else wants to be in charge.

12. Gunner

Gunner Chieftain

I have been thinking about doing something for this project. I started gathering the units and stuff which would be needed and started to implement some of Aeon's ideas into the BIQ.

I'm afraid to say that I really wont have enough time to really get going until this Summer.

13. Olorin0222

Olorin0222 Maia

Go for it, gunner. If you want, I can help you with some of the compilation, civ entries, whatever you want. Tell me what you would like for me to do.

14. Gunner

Gunner Chieftain

Ok, I've added in most of the land units now and it shouldnt be too hard to gather and add the sea units. I'm not exactly sure what to do with the munits Aeon didn't make. All of the European ones were made, along with the one for China.
    We could either only give Euros the munits, or see if their are other suitable graphics. Any ideas?

So the main things to do after that are the buildings, Wonders, and tech tree.

Ideas are needed for all three of these things, Aeon already said some stuff about buildings and wonders, but those comments were mainly in relation to the civ specific resources.

My plan has been to get the units and buildings done before the tech tree, but if you want to go ahead thats fine.

15. pinktilapia

pinktilapia Homeless

Although I know you will hit me on the head, I attach here a map I did a few month ago, which gives a huge Europe, and yet a world quite big and ready for colonization. I have never finished it, and it is still very ugly while shapes are funny. They are a few zones on the map I would make impassable (e.g. Sahara, part of central plains in USA). But it would be great if a real map creator could do something like that for an EU scenario. My worry is that Rye's map, although already trying, is still with a much too small Europe for the number of civilziations that will be there, and the war that should take place. On my map (200x180, not too big), France, Spain, could easily have 15 cities each!
    Well, do what you want with that :)

Attached Files:

16. Gunner

Gunner Chieftain

What! Hit the creator RFRE on the head? Not until 1.0 is released ;)

Thanks for the map, I'll check it out.

17. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

Aeon has told me that he won't come back here until September

18. Olorin0222

Olorin0222 Maia

drats...oh well.

19. Aeon221

Sorry I have been gone so long. My computer was fried by an electrical storm and I was unable to get a new one until a few weeks ago ( WAY sooner than I expected!) when my modem was then fried by YET ANOTHER electrical storm (God is talkin to me here ;p) 2 weeks later (basically the day before yesterday) Sprint replaces the damn thing and I come down with mono. So Im bed ridden and determined to finish this thing before I go to college on Aug 28.

I have a lot of this stuff written down but looking back on it a lot is simply far too complicated. AI natives simply do not need a lot of different kinds of buildings. Some, like China, need just culture buildings (eg Taoist and Buddhist monestaries, Praefectures, maybe one other). I think that my goal is going to be to make it so that (at first at least) I have the five or six colonials done. After that I will worry about expanding the others and making them playable.

Ill whip out my notebook (glad I wrote this stuff down rather than typed it up) and post the interesting stuff.

I hope you guys can forgive me for taking so long to tell anyone! I was able to email Rhye from a school computer (I think) but there really was no option for communicating with the forum. I'm sorry! I hope I can finish this scen by way of apology!

20. Gunner

Gunner Chieftain

Welcome back!

I started doing some stuff, but I kinda gave up. Maybe you should look into a surge protector ;)