1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1650 A.D Scenario start

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Nahtanoj, Feb 2, 2008.

1. kevinman4404

kevinman4404 Lightning Warrior

And second of all for the map- I'm not sure which you are using (the guy's or GEM). GEM is a nice map, but with north america, the land is vertically squished and horizontally stretched, and until recently, had too much tundra. So for a north-am. centered map you'd probably look at something else to cut from. And it should be big- since you're focusing on a smaller area of the world, you really should take advantage of the extra available space.

I just looked at the map you wanted to get permission for, and I must say I was drawn in by the well-drawn outline. But it has a few major flaws. For example, the way he/she drew the land types (tundra, snow, plains, grassland) is really out there, and there is hardly any permanent snowcover. It's going to require a lot of work to fix the land, to add South America if you want it, and there are still a few minor geographical problems that could more easily be fixed.

I'll do a rough outline for a N/S America map, let me know if it is what you're looking for. With something as small as NA, it (the entire map) could potentially be done in a week, seeing as I have my world map to make reference to.

Next question, would you want some North/Central/South American -centered resources? A few examples would be bison and indigo (though I don't know what the latter is).

I do suggest you borrow my thinsoil texture (for most of Eastern and kinda Northern Canada) and my wasteland (for patagonia). I didn't before realize you were making a minimod, not just a scenario.

I'll email you scanned pages from Oxford's atlas of world history, for all the North American and especially Native borders, and (well, I forget).

Finally, note that (and this may be wrong, this is how I've always seen forums) if something is released into public downloads on a forum, it's public domain, as long as you credit it (under some copyright law).

I realize that's a lot to think about
    Kevin

2. Nahtanoj

Nahtanoj Alaskan President

wow! sounds great.... well if you want to we can use N/S America.
    I was planning to balance power out by using northerne part of SA for Spain rather than have it covered with spain.

Bison would be a great resource and same goes for indigo. Thin soil i dea is better then plain grass/whatever else

I'll be adding Native Nations into the civ list along with France Britain Sapin Russia and other smaller.

i've used a mod named REvolution where civs can revolt and break away (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171127)

RFC is great but that would seem a little hard for me to do so for righgt now i'll think

Thanks Kevman for everything above :)
    and Finimperial for historical info:thumbsup:

3. Nahtanoj

4. kevinman4404

A few suggestions for the map you chose:
    1) to fix Quebec and the Maritimes
    2) to thicken Mexico
    3) to fix the West coast, especially Vancouver Island,
    4) straigtehn out Florida a bit.

Otherwise it looks OK.

If I have any more suggestions on the map I'll edit into this post.

5. NwabudikeMorgan

NwabudikeMorgan CEO

Sounds like good stuff, looking for ward to playing it when it's ready, keep up the good work.

6. Nahtanoj

kevin im going to do his update your way from your map

kevin> working on the map ight now, brought to my attention mexico and will soon bee adding small islands in pacific

morgan> thanks! one of the first to stop by and check it out:D

7. kevinman4404

???

Also, at this point, I would reccomend making a todo list, so me and others can find some ways to help out.

If you are intent on doing certain stuff you could always gray it out.

My mod's having troubles loading its map, so I should have some time to assist in whatever tasks.

Kevin

8. Nahtanoj

nvm on the first one:lol:

im still new at coding stuff so im kinda lost on that (like renaming civs within scenario)

right now im still modifying the map and editing resource placment

still need more research done on time period for colonies

overall is running slow but smoothly :cool: