[167] Can not upgrade units

Dedrytus

Warlord
I can buy infantry in cities but I can not upgrade units to infantry. And second thing (no save, no picture): puppets do not improve water resources, usually this is not a problem, but sometimes when sea is closed you have to annex the city to produce work boat to get fish, oil or pearls.

1. Have you researched/can you build riflemen? I don't see them in the screenshot.
To upgrade a unit, you can only go up one level at a time. So if you are missing an intermediate tech, it won't let you upgrade at all.

2. Yeah, I've not seen a puppet build any kind of unit, though I've not played many games.

1. Have you researched/can you build riflemen? I don't see them in the screenshot.
To upgrade a unit, you can only go up one level at a time. So if you are missing an intermediate tech, it won't let you upgrade at all.

I know. Stupid rule. In my opinion it should be fixed: I can build and upgrade, or I can not build and upgrade.

Additional info: you can upgrade infantry to motorized infantry even if you do not have "rifling".

Top Bottom