• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

18 Player pitboss game up, all welcome.

I can't get back in. Says my password is incorrect. Can't be.

It's a common problem, I'll have to kick you so that you can reclaim your civ and set a new password.

Ok, im back in. I'll pm you if the problem comes back.

Any info on what specifically triggers that?

most likely you either did alt d - even if you don't amend your settings that is enough to corrupt the password. Or you went into options and I think game options (which is the same screen). Both have the same effect.

i tried to check game options, but it wanted an admin password which i obviously could not supply.

Bizarrely I had yet again a problem with password (and on my own game and I know I did not go into options), I tried Gyathaars solution but as I already had a password that was no good. I then tried my password again a couple of times and it finally let me in. I'm wondering if their is a possible issue with the checking of the password - network connectivity etc. Just stayed at the login box the whole time.

My game I just kicked myself and back in but something odd is going on here.

Tals

Ugh, having problems with keeping everyone on with all these password troubles. I think someone took the 18th player slot away from someone else, but who it was I don't know.

Hopefully they release a new pitboss server soon.

I guess everyone turned in their turns early because a new turn just generated 15 minutes ago as of this posting.

From now on I'll only post about turns when they occur off schedule.

hmm.... the game timer seems to go slower than it should... i timed 3 minutes, and the game timer only advanced 2:09.. odd...

McManus said:
hmm.... the game timer seems to go slower than it should... i timed 3 minutes, and the game timer only advanced 2:09.. odd...

Confirmed out 24 hour turn is taking around 26 1/2 hr's

Tals

Whoah, now that's a weird bug. I'll test this myself and see. Perhaps it affects other servers too?

I suspect it effects everyone - once this post highlighted I then noticed that I posted in the forums that the turn had genned at 10pm and the timer was still ticking at midnight :(

Tals

I've implemented Scree's Pitboss Turn Notifier, an add on program that'll keep track of a running pitboss server and notify anyone in its e-mail list whenever a new turn generates. This is to replace the broken e-mail notification feature in the normal pitboss server.

Unfortunately, I'll have to add everyone's e-mail by hand, so please either email, reply, or PM your email address to me if you're in my pitboss game. You can also login to the game and simply type your email addres sin a Chat To All message there, this'll show up on my console.

Oh and a turn generated about 30 minutes ago.

mcmanus at iki.fi

Top Bottom