• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

19 of 18 Civs now confirmed!

The trailer of Civ5 has been traslated to Spanish, both voices and texts. So, this could be a clue.

PD. I don't believe in any nationalism, just I am historian. Besides, your Spanish is awful.

@EMT,

Well, im 99.99% sure it wont happen just saying I would like it.

Although if we think purely about markets, Spain would make more logical sense since... Latin America easily swamps Siam/Thailand in terms of potential buyers.

:dunno:

Iván de España;8990750 said:
The trailer of Civ5 has been traslated to Spanish, both voices and texts. So, this could be a clue.

PD. I don't believe in any nationalism, just I am historian. Besides, your Spanish is awful.

There's always been a release in Spanish.

That brought a tear to my eye. Have I been out of Peru that long that it's now that horrible? :cry: There's atleast no need to deface all of my Spanish based off of one sentence either, Ivan. Maybe learn to not insult others? I've been away from a Hispanic country since the age of 6, and I speak fluently, but where was I supposed to learn how to write Spanish?:confused:

It was one of about 20 I read yesterday getting news items for Weplayciv. I can't remember which one had it. :)

:lol: i worked yesterday in our wiki, and somebody asked, how sure a feature was, and i answered, it was named in one of the around 15 articles i read the day before, so i can understand you :D.

Iván de España;8990750 said:

Although if we think purely about markets, Spain would make more logical sense since... Latin America easily swamps Siam/Thailand in terms of potential buyers.

:dunno:

Yes, and because of this, a translation into spanish will make sure sense, even if spain is not in.

Y hablo mui, mui male espanol :D.

Iván de España;8990721 said:
I remember that, in Civ 3 vanilla, Spain was included and in the web page there was a backscreen of the Spanish, but later this was deleted and Spain wasn't included.

I hope this time the programmers were more clever including Spain in order to get more money and to be fair with History (Spain ruled Europe during two centuries and was a powerful state until 1939).

Two centuries is really stretching it. The 16th Century defiantly, but in the 17th Century Spain had neither had the greatest navy nor the greatest army (being replaced by England and France respectively.) At the beginning of 19th Century, Spain was client state to Napoleon and I don't think I need to remind a Spaniard how the Century ended.

Military Power aside, Spain should get in just on its Cultural influence in Latin America. (I believe Spanish trails only Mandarin in native speakers)

Two centuries is really stretching it. The 16th Century defiantly, but in the 17th Century Spain had neither had the greatest navy nor the greatest army (being replaced by England and France respectively.) At the beginning of 19th Century, Spain was client state to Napoleon and I don't think I need to remind a Spaniard how the Century ended.

Military Power aside, Spain should get in just on its Cultural influence in Latin America. (I believe Spanish trails only Mandarin in native speakers)

Correct. Spanish is in second place, being about 1-8 million speakers ahead of English. (Depending on who you ask.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

I definitely think Spain is a deserving civ, but, considering the remaining civs, it's probably a deserving civ for the first expansion (plus, the trend has been to put it in even games, so let's see if that holds true).

:aargh:[pissed]:rotfl::wallbash:

That should explain how wrong that statement is on so many levels...........
And yet it doesn't. Care to use words?

I would like to see "colonies" other than America. Brazil would be a nice option in that line.

Carthage's unique unit in Civ IV is Numidian cavalry, so Siamese elephants could just be another civ's unique unit.

Ya know, I wonder why Firaxis didn't have Carthage's UU be a War Elephant replacement instead of a Horse Archer replacement. After all, are not elephants what Hannibal is known for?

Latin America is a SPANISH/PORTUGUESE/FRENCH colony, that, just like America and Canada, have very similar characteristics to their mother country. Any unique cultural aspects are represented by the Maya, Aztec, and Inca, for the most part. Only notable culture that lasts today is the Guarani and assorted Brazilian jungle tribes that where never assimilated. However, the difference between America and Latin America? It's not hard. Latin America has been a quasi-backwater up until modern day as the Spanish refused to allow industry be built there, and the Portuguese used Brazil as a giant coffee plantation, while the USA has done major things, and global things at that.

I totally agree with you.

Ya know, I wonder why Firaxis didn't have Carthage's UU be a War Elephant replacement instead of a Horse Archer replacement. After all, are not elephants what Hannibal is known for?

Probably because they weren't Carthage's most used or most effective weapon/soldier type. You mention Hannibal. You don't mention that most of the Elephants died crossing the alps and the rest died in the first battle afterwards. In his famous victories in Italy, Numidian Cavalry (along with Spanish Heavy Cavalry) were the big reasons for his victory.

I agree with EMT. Since Western culture is overrepresented, they should only get in because of historical significance. I believe Civ 4's list of these civs was good for one game plus two expansion packs.

Maybe the Inca are represented by a city-state... maybe units speak their own language as in Civ4?

IF there are twenty-five civilizations that would be MORE than awesome! And that would clear up the issue surrounding the Scandinavians/Vikings, Spain, and Siam.

If there are indeed 25 civs, and Persia and Siam are included, I want the remaining 6 to be Spain, Viking, Babylon, Maya, Sumeria, and Ethiopia.

Top Bottom