1st requirement for conquests !!!

Mr. BoolBool

Chieftain
Hi,

well i think that there r very great ideas posted at this forum, and i'm really like to see as many as possibile of them added to the game.... but i think that the MOST IMPORTANT thing should be:::

SMARTER AI :eek:

AI, which could plan (as much as it can) attacks, massive attacks from few directions using all forces as integrated force... and not just sending hundreds of units stacked togther to my nearest city.

AI, which will challange me without giving it unreasonble edge...

:eek: :p :cool:

I would think some aspects of this could be programmed easily, like:

a) The AI would hold back x% of its forces for x turns then do a massive attack on a city or resource location. The remaining forces would pillage and attack the countryside units. Also, use different avenues of attack (land, air, and sea)

b) The AI needs to know that when I am six techs ahead of him, on the same continent, have 5 times his cities. Do not attack me with a Longbowman and a Pikeman. The AI needs more respect for the power of a Civ. Even the most beligerent nations respect and acknowledge the makings of a good-a$$ whooping!

c) The AI needs to be programmed with a first-strike-explorer-pillaging strategy. The AI goes for the cities first, this should be last IMO. Pillage, Countryside, Cities, straggler cleanup, is the order I use. I only go for cities when the AI is much weaker than I. For equal or superior foes, pillaging is a must.

d) This happened in my game last night... I was at war with Korea, China, and the Aztecs all at once on a tiny map (about 150 square land mass for all three of us)... We were in the ancient age, Monarch level, and the only resource on the island was horses. Everyone was building Archers and mine were out numbered 3-to-1 :( . And I still won the war. I lost many battles and at my worst was down to Washington and New York (lost half my cities). But I came back from the brink by doing (a) above. I could have ended the war early but it would have cost me dearly. This war went on for 25+ turns. When it was over I was in the Ancient age why everyone else was had Feudalism. If the AI could be programmed with simple stategies. Not just build unit-attack-nearest-city. It could be very fomidable. Especially when it gangs up on you!

e) Fill the naval transports to maximum before sending them on their way! Especially the Vikings with your Beserkers!!! :wallbash:

f) Alliances also need to be respected more. I have traded with civs into the modern era only to have them pull tactic (b) above. Why, they just get their a$$ slapped :spank: and ruin relations with an excellent trading partner.

g) AI build some fortresses... :rolleyes:

h) Are you still reading this :goodjob:

Top Bottom