1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2.0 Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - The Second Revolution' started by GarretSidzaka, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Mode

Mode Chieftain

Electrically Magnetized Markets
    Requires Advanced Fertilizing Systems
    Requires Advanced Electric Magnetics
    Requires Carbon Fiber Parts
    Allows construction of Flora/Fauna tile bonuses by Cyborg workers.

Geo Stational Survellience Systems
    Requires Electrically Magnetized Markets
    Requires Syndicate Platforms
    Requires Applied Prescious Metals Mechanics
    Requires Organic Husbandry
    Requires Advanced Automotive Industry
    Allows construction Amalgam tile bonuses by Cyborg workers.

Martain Information Systems Access
    Requires Geo Stational Survellience Systems
    Requires Electrically Magnetized Markets
    Requires Rechargable Micro Engineering
    Requires Calamity Crop Circles
    Requires Submersive Flotillas
    Requires Meataphysics
    Allows Human workers to change waste to desert or tundra tiles (30% chance of death for each worker).
    Allows Nepali Space Elevator Access wonder.

2. Mode

Mode Chieftain

Sometimes it may seem like keeping a significant number of your secret society units is a waste of time. If this is the case, be sure your rivals lack any airpower by which they might threaten the weakest parts of your control. If the your secret society warriors are unable to pass freely in rival territory, achieve such promotions for your warriors.

3. Mode

Mode Chieftain

:ar15::ar15::ar15::king::ar15::ar15::ar15:
    :spear::spear::spear:
    :xmastree:
    :newyear:
    :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Moderator Action: Let's add on another day to your ban for that post. 4 days.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889
    I'd really like to see the CFC MODERATORS make a "rules" or "etiquette" link, displayed plainly on any page in the forum.

4. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Mode, by posting multiple posts many times in a row, you are spamming. If you want to include more than 10 images in a post, atleast put it into a document and upload it. Another thing, discussing moderator actions in public is a no-no, much less purposely spamming right after it. See you in 4 days.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

5. Laurier

Laurier Prime Minister

I'd also love to see Dale's Combat Mod, which has cruise missiles for you and the always entertaining Ranged Field Bombardment, a must-have, IMO. Oh, and the MAD and Combined Arms Stack Attack could also have their uses.

What I'm least impressed with in the game is the air units, their functionality in great need of improvement. Are there good mods out there you know of that improve the functionality?

If I can get a handle on how to integrate the mods, I'd love to pitch in. I attempted to add the Sniper Mod to 1.6 and it failed.

6. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

Dale's combat mod is excellent, and i think he even mixed me up a copy of it. I really didnt want the stack attack (as it has been known to be buggy) but i wanted everything else. let me see what i can do, now that the units are in and all the of xml errors and (fixable) graphical errors are finished. dale's combat mod requires schema changes :yuck:

CAN ANYONe DO 3d modeling and make animations for units????? i have a bunch of cool units that need animations.

7. Laurier

Laurier Prime Minister

I tried integrating Dale's Combat mod now and it was especially easy, and although everything appeared to work and I was able to do combat effectively, the AI appears to have broken down on its turns after I end mine. Perhaps it is, as you say, the Stacked Arms attack that breaks down. If you have a version of the Combat Mod without that feature, could you post it?

Of course the game would need to be rebalanced in the xml, and if this becomes a patch/feature pack to 1.6, I'd also like to modify/edit the starting units to be built in cities for Canada, which are currently blank or Mech Infantry.

And although I can try my hand at coding for the mod, artistry is not my strong suit.

8. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

ah, i just PM'ed dale. i remember he sent me a version of his mod that had stack attack brought out of it. i just have to find it in my computer (i hope i didnt delete it :( )

edit: is this the dale mod you have exactly? dcmwld-1.03.zip

9. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

UPDATE:
    Here is the map, with resources and rivers. im releasing it separately as it's own download as well.

Attached Files:

10. Laurier

Laurier Prime Minister

That's what I used, yes.

I like the map a lot but a few points: the hills might be a bit too heavy, and Canada should have some oil in Alberta and a few corn across the central plains.

11. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

With canada i wanted to focus on the hudson bay oil. but ill try to remember to throw on in alberta. (lemme guess, your canadian ;) )

i PM'ed Dale to ask him if he still has the modified DCM file that he made for Second Rev, so we can start puting in the schema changes.

12. Fabrysse

Fabrysse Charming-snake learner

Not yet. But it'll come soon.
    Actually, I try to do something with python. When python is ok, I'll see which differences are in Warlords (if there are...). But I have to learn a little about python first.
    But you're right, I have to get Warlords very soon.

13. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

dont worry, i think its was well worth the $30! :D

14. Fabrysse

I celebrate my birthday next weekend... So I'm waiting a little before buying it.
    ;)

15. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

16. ArneHD

ArneHD Just a little bit mad

17. Fabrysse

18. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

that would be a good idea ;)

i think i'm nearing the point where i populate the map with cities. im gonna have to get a US map that will show the most populated cities in each region. the problem with this is density: in california, a heavily populated city would measure in the millions of people, whilst in north dakota, the thousands.

19. ArneHD

ArneHD Just a little bit mad

Um, that reminded me, are you going to have as many cities here as in the original? It's just that there were rather a lot of them in the original.

20. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

No, Im not. I plan on only placing cities that would be the largest influnce in the city radii of the regions. for instance, i think the west coast of usa will be seattle, portland, san fran, LA and maybe sandiego. five cities.

you are absolutely right about the number of citeis in the old version being alot. and it was contributing to the laggggggggg of loading it. i hope one of y'all have a crappy computer still :p coz i have an alienware now so i think it will load fast regardless on my machine