1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2.0 Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - The Second Revolution' started by GarretSidzaka, Sep 13, 2006.

1. ArneHD

ArneHD Just a little bit mad

What was it?

Edit: Also, what do you mean by "Conventional" military civic? I can't quite get what you mean.

2. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

Conventional is the military style used by america since WW2. It is a grand, sweeping force, using combined arms tactics and massed troops to utterly crush an opposing army. The only thing that can stop it is either a bigger combined arms enemy, or assymetrical forces.

3. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

finished the Freedom tower integration. now i have to skin it. screenies tonite!

4. Fabrysse

Fabrysse Charming-snake learner

What would you think about adding a new national project :
    • International information compaign on satellite TV or any other media that allows making international propagand, and permeat international troops to join you.
      That runs for rebels (like in Spain 1936 with international brigads) or capitalists (UNO or NATO aid, etc…).
      I imagine a 'random' system (a little like for great persons) that create special units who appear in a city...

5. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

That would be tricksey to say the least. you would have to talk to 'theLopez' on it, as he is the badass modder for the intrinsic code of the game.

i think so far, i am adding your "Gay Rights" wonder to the game under the Uprising or Rebellion techs. what would it give i wonder?>

6. ArneHD

I would just like to say that if you can reskin the mig-29, we have the mig-35, which is more or less the same plane (visualy) with vector thrusting and some small wings at the front of the plane.
    Comparison.

Edit: I found a raptor model F/A - 22

7. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

im not so sure i got the skills to reskin the mig-29, but if you can by all means, make a new .dds file and post it, it'll go in.

as far as the yf-22, its been downloaded and i will pop that one in later!

8. Laurier

Laurier Prime Minister

I've been having problems with loading this Mod from XML errors. Before I would always receive the message,
    which would appear in loading a new game as the auto turns are running.

And after replacing the entire mod folder with the 9/25 edited 7z file in post 2, I have new XML errors that occur when the mod loads.

First it was with PromotionPrereq, Element content is invalid according to the DTD/Schema. Expecting: {x-schema:CIV44UnitShema.xml}PromotionPrereqOr1.

I tried deleting the PromotionPrereq and load the Mod to get the same problem on the bLeader tag, expecting bBlitz.

9. ArneHD

You are using this with Warlords right?

Have you replaced the original files with mod or edited files?

10. Laurier

Laurier Prime Minister

No, I'm not using Warlords and I never messed with any original files. I've used a handful of other modpacks and have yet to see a problem loading xml files as I have with this one. I had presumed it was a known issue and I was able to play the game anyhow through the combination of the two patches and the main folder when I started playing this a couple weeks ago. There was only the minor problem when starting a game, after the mod had loaded and I'd selected a civ, the enum error would pop up, the game would autorun to my turn and from then on would play fine. I had supposed that perhaps I didn't apply the patches to the Mod folder properly. I saw that there was a new version of the complete mod and hoped it would solve the trouble, but it fails completeley.

Perhaps I'm failing to understand something: the file in post 2 is the complete mod, minus the sounds files, correct? I wouldn't need to patch it with another archive?

11. ArneHD

You need warlords for the alpha, the original civ version is here.

The file in post two is the file that we use to work on, it is not the original without sound files.

12. Laurier

Laurier Prime Minister

aww hell, no wonder.

Might I request that a notice be put up then for fools who can't figure out that Revolution 2 is only for Civ4 2.0?

I should have realized perhaps, but I guess I can avoid the post where I say I hope that this mod can be redone for Warlords. Nice work.

Edit: I'm still a fool: I can't figure out how to start a game. Loaded the mod into Warlords, tried scenario, also play now, etc., pick one of the leaders and all I end up with is a settler. Doing anything I can think of to start a game.

Where's the intial map data for version 2?

13. Laurier

Laurier Prime Minister

Is version 2 set to start from the beginning rather than from a scenario? Is the file detailing the start of the scenario missing from the v.2 beta download?

Unless I'm mistaken, there should be a .CivWarlordsWBSave file somewhere in the alpha download, most likely in a directory named PublicMaps alongside Assets.

14. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

@Laurier

If you were looking at the top posts for the warlords mod, it is not playable and has no working map, nor music, nor is the techtree complete, nor is the XML done, and has next to no buildings. :( I is still in the alpha phase, meaning that it is in it's initial production and won't even be beta-testable until i announce it here in these forums.

If you would like to play the original version, I think you actually have to uninstall warlords so you can play the vanilla civ4. the download the files from this post and follow the installation instructions.

Please send me a PM or email if you need help installing that version, but it will not work with warlords at all, and will probly give an error fest before crashing the program.

15. Fabrysse

Yes. I found that : http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=120 (by theLopez). I'm going to have a look on how to modify it... If I have problems, I'll contact theLopez. There is not really a random apparition, but I think we could do something with that.

Some hapiness, no ?...

16. Fabrysse

I think that the 'theLopez' mercenaries could be used to add international troops. I made few modifications to the mod, it should run. I test it this week-end.
    We'll have to configure it when we are sure of all units in game.

Now :

17. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

Fabrysse, do you have a copy of Warlords yet? This is quite crucial for your coding not to go to waste :/

18. Laurier

Laurier Prime Minister

Thanks for adding the note that the download in #2 is Warlords-only and not yet playable. Presumptious people like myself will be spared some confusion.

Question about the Sniper Mod in this as I'd been wondering why sniper units didn't behave more like snipers and came across the Sniper Mod project by TheLopez. So I'm wondering why the functionality there isn't in your mod, is it problems integrating it?

Not sure if this has been brought up for your right-wing wonders, but you could do a Homeland Security Wonder. Or alternatively, a civic of HS. I have an idea for an effect but I'm not sure if anything similar has been done and how difficult it would be to code. The reward would be to increase the defensive power of all your civ's units - but only within your borders - by 10%, for example. How difficult it would be to set this I'm not certain.

19. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

I am interested in theLopez's work, and i tried to integrate it into the old version, but my mod was too buggy for it to work. If any friends of theLopez are out there, or the big man himself, i would love to see what we can do for this mod. things i would like to add (SDK style):

Cruise Missiles
    Sniper mod
    Unit Auto Spawn (of various types)
    "Dawn of Man" mod
    Mercenaries Mod (maybe)
    Tech Conquest

20. Mode

Mode Chieftain

Honestly, I'm totally laughing at the ignorance of Chieftess Moderator.

I'm not spamming. I don't think the Moderator Chieftess has a broad enough understanding of the manifold chat facilities in cyberspace.

Garret thinks I'm not only spamming; but espousing science fiction as foredrawn conclusion, from what I understand.

Basically, Chieftess, why don't you just debug the work these guys are doing and then maybe Firaxis will like you more. I don't know.

Moderator Action: 3 day ban for Public Discussion of Moderator Actions.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889