(2-NS) Empire-sized Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarcomu

Prince
The principle would be to unlock several projects to improve specific buildings throught the game.
This could sorta solve the too many production/gold problem, since it gives additional, optional and non-punitive ways to spend ones money and hammers.

You unlock two projects over the course of an era, every time you get half the number of techs of the era (ie at 6, 12 techs in the ancient era, and 17, 22 techs in the classical era).

The 2 project from an era can only improve buildings of said era. So only two buildings can be improved per era.

There will be an additional panel which allow you to choose your projects.
The project works like the world congress one but on an empire basis, allowing all cities to contribute.
The project costs depend on number of cities and building cost (1.5 * Building cost * Number of Cities) for normal buildings, and 2 * Building cost for NW.

Improved building comes with improved effects and increased maintenance.

Ancient era buildings (-1:c5gold: mean increased maintenance) :
  • Monument : +1:c5culture:, +1 border growth, -1:c5gold:.
  • Shrine : +1:c5faith:, +15% Pressure for own faith, -10% pressure for other faiths, -1:c5gold:.
  • Granary : +1:c5food:, +5%:c5food: kept on growth, -1:c5gold:.
  • Barracks :+5 XP, +1 supply, +5%:c5production: toward units, -1:c5gold:.
  • Council : +3 :c5science: per new :c5citizen:, +10%:c5greatperson: toward scientists, -1:c5gold:.
  • Lodge : +1 border growth, +3:c5food: per new :c5citizen:, -1:c5gold:.
  • Herbalist : +1:c5production:, +1:c5production: for every 2 forests or jungles, -1:c5gold:.
  • Walls : +3:c5strength:, +25 HP, +10%:c5rangedstrength:, -1:c5gold:.
Ill be adding new eras if people think it is a good idea. OFC, all number are subject to change. I'd also want to know if it is feasible from a code perspective.

Last edited:
No for this. You would simply turn the inflation of production into the inflation of every other yields due to tons of extra yield from buildings in every single cities.

I'm not sure about the balance of those specific changes, but I like the idea of empire-wide projects. They're sort of like National Wonders by a different process. They also remind me of events, which many people disable but I think has potential as a system, if it wasn't so samey.

I also think it might be better if they were mutually exclusive per era, otherwise it's as nekokon says, just another item to spam for yield inflation. No direction, no specialization.
I think maybe I misunderstood, so you unlock the option to complete a project from the list, and you get two picks from it over an era?

I also think it might be better if they were mutually exclusive per era, otherwise it's as nekokon says, just another item to spam for yield inflation. No direction, no specialization.
I think maybe I misunderstood, so you unlock the option to complete a project from the list, and you get two picks from it over an era?
Yes, and unlock from an era only serve to choose project from said era, so no hording project from ancient for classical.

This proposal is designated as high impact (difficult to implement). Two sponsors or a primary developer sponsor are required for it to proceed to the Voting Phase.

Proposal failed due to lack of sponsorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom