1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2 Player Team OCC - Warlords

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PitBoss Games' started by whiplash_CDC, Nov 14, 2007.

1. oyzar

oyzar Have quit civ/forums

Hi kingpin / da_vinci how about we get together some time to finish this? Do you have any time / days that would fit well?

2. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

You say this as if Kingpin would be looking forward to it :lol:

Could probably find time Saturday morning, if others are available

dV

3. oyzar

I probably can't that time for you, not before like 2 pm gmt or something at least...

4. Kingpin

Kingpin Captain-General

I'm actually going to be gone from Wednesday to Friday this week. How do want to handle that? Can you guys finish me off before then? :)

5. oyzar

Lets just finish the game now?

6. oyzar

Seeing as we all 3 are online now it would be nice to finish the game... Just 3 turns left now...

7. Kingpin

Kingpin Captain-General

Congrats da_Vinci and oyzar on your victory! It was a game well orchestrated on your part. We certainly didn't have a chance with the tech lead you guys had. We should have all teamed up on you. :D

8. oyzar

So this was a fun game and thank you all for playing. I'll include some screenshots, alot of them are from the long railroad we ended up building courtesy of our at the end 23 workers...

Looking back at the reply there is a few things that strikes me. Alot of you researched BW first... This is obviously not optimal with this map as AH was needed to hook up pigs / cows which were the strongest resources in the bfc... Also pyramids at 2440 BC with no real contention was obviously also huge. Seems like alot people neglected great people which are basically the heart and blood of occ.. Tamijo generated the first GS, which was fine given that we didn't really focus on getting early academy but instead went for early mids. After that things went out of hand though as we got both the 2nd 3rd and 4th GS as well(courtesy of philo / great library / caste system and later national epic and pacifism as well as globe theater). Tamijo and bantams got the next two GS as well before we got another one. By 800 BC no other team had gotten any GS at all(or even great people)! This is quite stunning given how insane academies and settled GS are in occ... In normal games it is quite late to not have any great people by this time, but in occ?

In the end we had a kill:loss ratio of 8:1 combined, that is quite nuts for a competetive game...

Also if you could move the game to finished games that would be nice.

Attached Files:

9. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

That was one failure that happen on my team that we did not get a GP out soon enough. When we finally did start to get them, I got a great prophet to start off with since I had got the Oracle. It was you getting the mids that was the killer since when me and MD fginally got Representation, we were teching as fast as you were, but by then it was too late.

10. oyzar

You were teching as fast as us when we ran no scientists all mines yeah...