Intersite BtS PitBoss

It has happened to Elucidus and me too. I've been exiting to the menu before closing the game down and, perhaps it is a coincidence, but it seems to have helped.

I'm not even getting in to the game to do that though, i dont get past the loading screen.

I think i broke it again, Whip would you mind just AI'ing me? think that'll be easier for everyone.

Network Socket error on BCLG again. Reload has 4 1/2 hours for him, crazy jow, and mighty dwaarf to finish the turn.

There is a recovery file for BCLG which means that pitboss had him in the game. So, apparently it crashes the instant you are in, so fast you don't even see it. Did you get a "connecting to peer XXX" message at the start of the load? I sometimes get a network socket error disconnect when I join a game hosted by others and a player is already playing the turn. I get dumped but it doesn't crash the game.

I get the usual logging in stuff that you get with every other game. connected to peer etc- downloading the game etc. then somewhere in between there and actually showing the game it crashes.

It seems to happen more often than not when ive alt-tabbed out of the game.

Not sure why that would make a difference and i do it with all of my games but it does. :confused:

This thing is proving more evil than I had thought. I couldn't swat it last night; will try again tonight.

The viruses these days are so nasty that you almost need to do a complete reformat of your hard drive to get rid of it.

The viruses these days are so nasty that you almost need to do a complete reformat of your hard drive to get rid of it.

Nastier than you think. This one actually sends a worm into your BIOS to change boot priorities so you can only boot off of the infected drive. The other drives are disabled. I had to flash the motherboard to undo that. It also disables taskmanager so you can't kill the processes which is where it lives.

I don't think any removal program will help as none of them can remove running processes. There is a CMD program that will remove running processes but you need to know the name of the process that is running to remove it.

This sucker promotes SpyAway as a remedy that sells on line for $50. I wouldn't be surprised if the damn thing wouldn't remove it anyway.

If any of you gets infected with this the only fix is:

Flash the motherboard by changing the jumpers or removing the battery for an hour or so. With no juice from the battery the BIOS will revert to factory settings.

Install an additional hard drive. Format and install the OS on the new partition. Boot off of the new partition. You now have the virus isolated on the old drive that you won't boot from. You can then transfer data files from the old drive to the new one, but I would not move any executable files.

I don't think any removal program will help as none of them can remove running processes. There is a CMD program that will remove running processes but you need to know the name of the process that is running to remove it.
Actually, most of the major antivirus programs can do it. However, some particular virus may be programmed to disable antivirus programs one way or another - in that case antivirus will not work while a virus is active.

Install an additional hard drive. Format and install the OS on the new partition. Boot off of the new partition. You now have the virus isolated on the old drive that you won't boot from. You can then transfer data files from the old drive to the new one, but I would not move any executable files.
As long as you got an antivirus that can heal that virus, why not to copy exe files?
Try Kaspersky, it got an online scanner http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner and a free trial http://www.kaspersky.com/trials

Also whip can i still be kicked- after all this work you've done to sort out the comp id hate to crash it again :)

that and there is very little left for me to do anyways :)

Why did the turn go to 1280AD again? 1280 wasn't supposed to start for at least another 4 hours and half my team didn't get a chance to play their turn yet.

Top Bottom